Tax Summary Report - incorrect amount when using paycheck setup

sjlorenz
sjlorenz Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I use the paycheck setup wizard to track my income with tax and insurance deductions. The Tax Summary Report shows incorrect amounts for transactions entered before changes made to the paycheck setup for new salary amount. When you click on the report amount, it will bring up the transaction register with the amount that was entered, but does not match the report. I cannot get accurate tax summary report for the year. Is there a fix for this or how do I a correct tax summary?

Comments

• Hello @sjlorenz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Please let me know how this goes. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sjlorenz
    sjlorenz Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I did both the validate and super validate and the problems still persist. It seems the tax report is pulling the data from the current values in paycheck setup as to what was actually posted. It is very apparent when I go back to prior years. The report still shows the current value in the paycheck but clicking on any particular transaction, the register then shows what was actually posted to the account - they do not match. Any other suggestions?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use the paycheck wizard to enter your paychecks? If so, it could be the paycheck corruption issue that started occurring in March. Please have a look at this discussion covering that issue:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.