Unable to Contact Quicken Server

Options
alaneisen
alaneisen Member ✭✭
I've had a problem for some months that "We are unable to contact the Quicken server" for some months. When I search for a resolution I see posts, like this one, that don't seem to find a resolution. I did a manual update to R45.21 (thrilled to see drag and drop attachments) and the problem still exists.

I'm not using a VPN. I do use Norton Firewall which allows Quicken.

Did anyone resolve this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @alaneisen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the same issue about 45 minutes ago with all financil institutions I access.  Waited about 30 minutes and restored to an earlier date.  Ran OSU and seems to be working again.  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• alaneisen
    alaneisen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just did that and went to Help->Check for Updates with the same result.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are using Norton, just like I do, your Firewall settings should have these three entries:
    If you have them as shown, with the correct path, a call to Norton Support might be in order.
  • alaneisen
    alaneisen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. That's all configured as noted.
This discussion has been closed.