Multiple bills stuck at "Fix it"

First I want to say this new way of paying bills is terrible. It takes me twice as long to pay my bills. With that said, I have two bills Capital One and AT&T that I added to try to register to use "Quick Pay" I added them almost 2 months ago and both of them are stuck at "Fix It". I haven't found any messages on the support forum on fixes, maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. If anyone has any useful links or found the solution to the problem I would appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rskurnick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing trouble.

In regard to Capital One Online Biller; Unfortunately, Capital One is currently unavailable to be added as an Online Biller. For information regarding this, please refer to this Community Alert.

As for AT&T; I went ahead and checked the internal status, and unfortunately, it shows a degraded status which is why it will fail to connect at this time. We do not have an ETA on when this degraded status will be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

I recommend you bypass those issues. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I suggest you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• rskurnick
    rskurnick Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion, but certain bills I want to control so they are not set for Autopay. I set only the bills I want for Autopay through the vendor so I don't have to worry about this mess with Quicken and the banks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here's something interesting on AT&T. Been unable to connect as Online Bill for months. Starting yesterday, when I delete AT&T as an online biller and readd or even maybe simply refresh AT&T (not fix it - hah!!!) then AT&T sends me a 2 step authorization code but there is no place to enter it in Quicken. So something changed and likely something else not working.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rskurnick said:
    Thanks for the suggestion, but certain bills I want to control so they are not set for Autopay. I set only the bills I want for Autopay through the vendor so I don't have to worry about this mess with Quicken and the banks.
    Instead of wresting with Quicken Bill Manager sidestep the problem. I suggest you pay your bill directly from the biller's website even if you don't set up Autopay for it. That puts the payment transaction into their computer, to be paid on time.

This discussion has been closed.