Income showing in red/- and expenses in black

In creating my 2023 budget my income items are all showing up with - and in red. All expenses are in black. I've already tried the validation recommendation 4 times and that doesn't work. I've removed everything and reentered and that doesn't work either. Frustrating!

How do I fix this?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Here you go.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your graphic is showing the Budget columns only.  Are there, perhaps, any ACTUAL transactions for 2023 that you've already input?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    The Summary column shows Budget - Actuals +/- Rollovers from last December.
    You have not received any actual income yet, therefore the Summary showing a negative amount means that you are under budget. The same applies to Expenses. You have budgeted but not spent any money, thus there's a positive amount of money to spend.
  • I have the same problem as Dmenesses! "Income showing in red/- and expenses in black" I have four budgets in the planning window but only one has the red problem
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem as Dmenesses! "Income showing in red/- and expenses in black" I have four budgets in the planning window but only one has the red problem
    can you show us, please?
    Are you looking at only the Budget column?
    Expand the view to show Details, i.e., Budget, Actuals and Rollover columns for each month. Seeing the details might explain your discrepancy.
This discussion has been closed.