From the Reconcile Details - Can you fix the date next to Service Charge & Interest earned to 2

KA40
KA40 Member ✭✭
Can you fix the date next to Service Charge & Interest earned to 2 digits vs 1 as this is most annoying having to use the drop down box to add a date.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5431)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please clarify what you mean by "2 digits vs 1", as I'm seeing a lot more than 1 digit in those date boxes.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• KA40
    KA40 Member ✭✭
    Try typing in the date (a 2 digit date) next to the service charge or interest earned. These are 1 digit fields unless you use the drop down box.
  • nniesen
    nniesen Member ✭✭
    There's a bug in the Date fields for Service charge and Interest earned. Those date fields only allow you to type a date with 7 digits meaning you can't type an 8 digit date like 10/31/2021.

Since the date field is pre-populated with a 4 digit year, you can't finish typing the 4 digit mm/dd.
    * If the date is pre-populated with a 1 digit day, e.g., 9/5/2021, you get stopped typing the 31; e.g., 10/3/2021.
    * If the date is pre-populated with a 2 digit day, e.g., 9/15/2021, you get stopped typing the 10; e.g., 1/15/2021.

Too workaround, you either have to use the date picker or first change the year to 2 digits and then backup and type the mm/dd. e.g., 10/31/21.
  • Davespec
    Davespec Unconfirmed, Member
    I'm having the same issue with the date field in "interest earned" when I reconcile my checkbook. I can only insert 7 characters (i.e., 12/2/2022). I can't insert a date with 8 characters (i.e., 12/23/2022). This should be a very easy fix for Quicken to resolve! Just increase the character limit on that field.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use a 2-digit year.  Q will correct it to 4 digits.
    OR you can use the various letter shortcuts (e.g., H for month-end and R for year-end) to populate the dates.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5431)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.