Quicken (Windows subscription) keeps prompting me for my Quicken ID over and over again

aebingham2
aebingham2 Member
Started Quicken this morning (1/3/2023), and it prompted me for my Quicken ID and password (which happens periodically), the program 'acts' like it accepted my entries as in I see my data file briefly, then it prompts me again for the Quicken ID and PW ... enter again and happens over and over (stuck in a loop).

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @aebingham2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @aebingham2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Anja,

I kinda-sorta followed your suggestion --- there was no way to sign-out of my data file, as I never could get in as the sign-in to the Quicken ID loop would allow me to sign-out. So instead I chose to NOT open my data file on opening Quicken --- then chose File-Open and after that I was once again prompted for my Quicken ID & PW ... then it accepted it w/o looping (so either this process helped or the system hang-up 'magically' went away.

Either way-Thanks-Allen
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue appears to be resolved as of now. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.