I just changed my user ID/email address; how to access Quicken

I am using Quicken Premier with the latest update.

I changed my user ID - i.e I changed my email address registered with Quicken.

Now I am unable to use Quicken as it shows me the login screen with my old user ID/email address hard coded (grey letters).

What is the easiest/fastest way to change to the new user ID? I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Murali Narayanan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in using your new Quicken ID. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional details. 

I'm familiar with the pop-up login you are referring to. It is a nuisance to get through but unfortunately, the only way is to continuously keep closing it every time it pops back up until you get through the previous steps I provided. 

Once you receive a full sign-in screen (not a pop-up screen), the pop-up prompt should stop and allow you to sign in with your new Quicken ID.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Murali Narayanan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in using your new Quicken ID. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Murali Narayanan
    Murali Narayanan Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Anja. The issue was that I couldn't navigate to Edit -> Preferences as the login window was constantly appearing. I had to close the login window about 25 times to get to Edit, another 25 to get to Preferences and another 25 to select Quicken ID etc. Took me 5 minutes to select Sign in as a different user. There is no way to kill the login window once and for all.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional details. 

I'm familiar with the pop-up login you are referring to. It is a nuisance to get through but unfortunately, the only way is to continuously keep closing it every time it pops back up until you get through the previous steps I provided. 

Once you receive a full sign-in screen (not a pop-up screen), the pop-up prompt should stop and allow you to sign in with your new Quicken ID.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.