After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

Answers

• djrfree
    djrfree Member ✭✭
    I have been running on R44.28 since mid-November due to the securities mismatch problem. Apparently, several users have been able to run on R45 by ignoring the mismatches. I was not able to do that because some of the downloaded transactions had the number of units truncated in R45 so a manual repair was necessary. The delay in an R45 fix and the ongoing absence of an ETA is a serious concern since I am having other issues that have supposedly been resolved in R45.
  • I decided to fall back to R44.28 versus turning off the securities mismatch in R45. Because I find the securities mismatch useful after updating to identify where Wells Fargo Trust to Quicken downloads do not inform me of stock splits, mergers, acquisitions, etc. - all of which require manual entries. Hoping that Quicken can get this fixed soon as we're paying to benefit from the new updates that we're now not able to use.
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    How did you go back to the previous version?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you go back to the previous version?
    See this post earlier in this discussion:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20318023/#Comment_20318023

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JeffHunt
    JeffHunt Member
    I've been living with the error for a couple of months now. I have TIAA retirement accounts that exhibit 0 shares vs xx shares in quicken however I have TIAA brokerage accounts that are fine. Also, my fidelity 401k is fine. I hate to revert version back. In reading the forum, I haven't seen any commitment from Q development to fix the problem. Is there any update on what release will fix the issue or is a patch coming soon? I'm running R45.21 (windows 11).
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    You really would think that there would be a statement from Quicken responding to these 7 pages of unhappy users. I guess we're not that important to them.
  • jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I expect that what Quicken doesn't understand, and therefore is causing them to not address the issue, is that the zero-shares bug in Securities Mismatch is merely an annoyance for some accounts, but a very real problem that causes inaccuracies for others.

TIAA is an example of the latter. The problem is that when TIAA credits yields to certain of its mutual funds, it does so by reporting an increase in the share balance rather than reporting an actual _intinc or _divinc transaction. So the only way such yields get credited is via placeholders added when there's a Securities Mismatch at sync time. Academics (which are TIAA's principal market) tend to move around, and so they can end up with several TIAA retirement accounts (for example, we have 7, 6 mine and 1 my wife's). The account balances for the "TIAA Traditional" fund are downloaded correctly to Online Center, but not to Securities Mismatch, and so to keep my balances updated I have to go to each account in Online Center, write down the new balance (because Quicken doesn't allow copy-and-paste from balances in Online Center), go to the account, and do an Adjust Share Balance transaction. That's five times as many clicks, plus actual typing of numbers, as just entering the placeholder when I see a Securities Mistmatch. The placeholder mechanism continues to work fine in 44.28.

This isn't a problem, but rather simply an annoyance, for institutions that adjust balances via actual transactions rather than balance adjustments. The Securities Mismatch error still happens, but simply ignoring it is fine since the downloaded transactions actually update the Quicken balance correctly.

I think there are similar problems with other "securities" akin to TIAA Traditional even from other institutions--for example, REITs.
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone contacted or received a response from Quicken regarding this thread/issue?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominic said:
    Has anyone contacted or received a response from Quicken regarding this thread/issue?
    If you look at the 1st response on page 1 of this discussion, you will see @Quicken Anja's response from November.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Thanks Jim,
    Somebody should be fired taking this long.
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    Like the people in charge of software engineering or development.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    R46.9 dropped this morning.  Installed and the issue with securities mismatch error seems to be resolved for my TIAA case.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    > @CaveCreek said:
    > R46.9 dropped this morning.  Installed and the issue with securities mismatch error seems to be resolved for my TIAA case.

Great! Were two months of transactions downloaded? I stopped downloading in November
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @CaveCreek:
    Great!!
    R46.9 worked for me.

I stopped downloading TIAA in November AND Two months of transactions were downloaded and matches my balance!

Thanks for being brave enough to test the waters!

Plop Plop Fizz Fizz Oh what a relief it is! (Old Alka Seltzer commercial)
  • Josetoo
    Josetoo Member ✭✭
    Yes, my initial test this morning also indicates that version R46.9 fixes the securities mismatch with Fidelity.
  • SteveTucker79
    SteveTucker79 Member ✭✭
    Ditto (46.9 upgrade) for Park Avenue Securities (NetXinvestor). Still have the mismatch issue with Wells Fargo
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if R46. fixes the global search issue.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• My securities mismatches with Wells Fargo Trust are not longer. Yay!
  • rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Where are you getting R46.9 upgrade?  Latest release being downloaded is R45.21.  Hmmmm
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    rotygolf said:
    Where are you getting R46.9 upgrade?  Latest release being downloaded is R45.21.  Hmmmm

If it's not available to all users, then it's being checked out by a limited number of users.  It may have not been made available to you.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rotygolf said:
    Quicken generally does staged releases, allowing a certain number of users to upgrade and then freezing the upgrade to  make sure no new major issues are encountered.  If all seems well they will allow more users to upgrade and possibly freeze again before finally allowing all users to upgrade and making that the new "production" release.  I assume we are at the freeze point after the initial staged release.
  • After reading posts that version R 46.9 fixed securities mismatch issues, I merely allowed Quicken updates to happen (versus declining it) and after checking I was fortunate enough to receive the most current update as per the attached screenshot.
  • Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    I downloaded R46.9 yesterday and updated today  1/7/23.  Mismatches are GONE!   Maybe this one is fixed.   Now if only the disappearing budget would get fixed..   
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    To manually get R 46.9 select "Help" and then "Check for Updates"
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    > @rotygolf said:
    > Where are you getting R46.9 upgrade?  Latest release being downloaded is R45.21.  Hmmmm

To manually get R 46.9 select "Help" and then "Check for Updates"
  • David VA
    David VA Member
    January update - still broken
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @rotygolf I also tried the Help>Check for Updates route and only received the R45.21 option.

To get around this, I went to this Quicken Support page (full URL: https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has) and expanded the January 2023 dropdown, downloaded R46.9, and installed it. 

I just performed a(n) OSU and no longer see the mismatch (fingers crossed it'll stay that way).

Best of luck! 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • 2bmewtongi
    2bmewtongi Member ✭✭
    As of R45.21 this is still happening with Edward Jones accounts.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating to R46.9 fixed this problem for me.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• racer0692
    racer0692 Member ✭✭
    R46.9 has eliminated the security mismatch for me as well.
    Only took a couple of months to get this fixed.
This discussion has been closed.