Use copy from C: Drive rather than the Cloud File

jlundy75
jlundy75 Member
I don't want my Quicken file on the Cloud any longer. I have saved a copy of my Quicken file on my C: Drive, When I try open the C: Drive file, Quicken keeps restoring the file and I end up with the Cloud as the copy I'm using. How do I get Quicken to forget my Cloud file? Any help will be appreciated.

Jeff

Comments

• Hello @jlundy75,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

First, I suggest moving the actual Quicken data file to your C: Drive, rather than just a copy. This is so the file no longer exists in the cloud location. Then, try opening the file again. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? From Quicken --> File --> You should see the path above Exit.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When is this "restoring" happening?
    Is this when you One Step Update?
    Is it at another time?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jlundy75
    jlundy75 Member
    in happens when I try to open the copy I have saved on my C;: Drive.
  • jlundy75
    jlundy75 Member
    The path is C:\Users\me\Onedrive\documents\Quicken\filename
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Quicken doesn't support keeping your data file in a cloud folder. Try moving it to C:\Users\me\Quicken\filename.
  • jlundy75
    jlundy75 Member
    Thank you Quicken Jasmine!
  • jlundy75
    jlundy75 Member
    Thanks Greg_the_Geek, that is what I did.
  • Hello @jlundy75,

You are very welcome, I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jcw1976
    jcw1976 Member
    I'm trying to transfer my quicken to a new computer. When I open the account file it shows my accounts briefly and then the page goes blank.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    It sounds like you using a pre-subscription version of Quicken. If so, you need to copy the C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI (or C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI) file from the old computer to the new one.
This discussion has been closed.