Calendar not showing correct dates (Q Mac)

Tack
Tack Member ✭✭
Version 6.11.1 (Build 611.47285.100)
My calendar in Quicken for Mac is not showing the correct dates. It has Jan 1st on Saturday, not Sunday as it should be, and this carries forward. Feb 28 is shown on a Monday, not Tuesday like it should.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Tack I'm not seeing this in my Quicken 6.11.1. January 1 is, correctly, on a Sunday. February 28 is, correctly, on a Tuesday. This is the same both in the large calendar window and the pop-up calendar in the date field of a transaction. 

Are you sure your calendar is showing 2023? It sounds like you are viewing 2022 dates. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tack
    Tack Member ✭✭
    Note the pop-up calendar and the days of the week corresponding to the dates on the calendar
  • jacobs
    Well that seems pretty bizarre to me. Here's how the pop-up calendar looks for me:

In your macOS Preferences > Language & Region, are you set to Region=United States, Calendar=Gregorian? I'm trying to think what else could make the calendar display incorrectly. 

When you click on Calendars in the main Quicken menu bar, does the full-screen calendar show the same wrong calendar for January? 
  • Tack
    Tack Member ✭✭
    The calendar on my Mac is showing the correct day/date. When I checked the large calendar in Quicken, it showed the correct day/date.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you restarted your computer yet?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    My calendar is not displaying the correct date either. iMac date is correct. Am running MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave and Quicken Mac 6.11.1. The large calendar shows the correct day/date. Other types of accounts show the wrong day/date. Appears to be a bug.
  • fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    I also tried restarting the computer.
  • Tack
    Tack Member ✭✭
    Restarting the computer did not fix the problem.
  • fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    Changed "macOS Preferences > Language & Region > First Day of Week" to Sunday and that fixed the problem. I tried switching the first day of the week back and forth in Prefs and you can see it changes the transaction calendar back and forth between the correct and incorrect day of the week.

Note I had changed the first day of the week to Monday when I set up Mojave a long time ago and never had a problem with any app until now. This appears to be a bug probably introduced with 6.11.1.
  • jacobs
    @fda2f6fc I was catching up on this thread and when I saw your screen shot, I was going to suggest changing the first day of the week back to its default setting... and I see you've done that and the bug disappears. Please submit a bug report via Help > Report a problem to document exactly what you've found here: the pop-up calendar displays incorrectly if macOS is set to start weeks on any day but Sunday; include your screenshot. You won't get a reply, but hopefully they will verify the issue and put it in their queue to fix at some point. 
  • Tack
    Tack Member ✭✭
    Fixed mine too. Strange when all the other calendars were correct.
This discussion has been closed.