Download Transactions USAA VISA

toms123
toms123 Member ✭✭
Can't download transactions only USAA VISA account since 11/15/2022. Tried reconnecting etc.

Comments

• Hello @toms123

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with your USAA VISA account? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions from this account?

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    I have used both direct and quicken to no avail. I am currently using Quicken.
  • Hello @toms123,

Thanks for providing more information. 

Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• I use Direct Connect with Quicken in downloading my credit card transactions from USAA. The last successful communication was 11/29/2022. Presently I cannot use Quicken to connect to USAA.
    Using Windows 11 on my HP laptop, and have lastest updates/builds.
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    My last update was on 11/19. I have switched repeatedly between Qui kenconnect and direct connect to no avail. I also am completley uptodate on operating systems, quicken, etc. Quicken connect works fine for Savings and Checking. Nothing works for VISA credit card. I am using a Macbook Air m1 chip.
  • Hello @TimCourington and @toms123,

Thank you for providing more information. 

In order to take the best course of action moving forward, please confirm if there is any error code(s) and/or message(s) presented. If so, please include the exact code/message in your response. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    No error codes. Quicken programs report problem auto reconciling account.
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    Many people are reporting the same problem. It is not unique with me.
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    One report said that both USAA and quicken were aware and were working to fix but no estimated completion date.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @toms123

Thank you for providing more information. 

As you stated, we do currently have an active alert regarding USAA users being unable to download transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• SamRH
    SamRH Member
    I was finally able to download USAA VISA transactions as of 12/10/22. It seemed concurrent with their offering a touchless card.
  • SamRH
    SamRH Member
    My December 11 comment was erroneous, unfortunately. I realized today that Quicken and USAA VISA still are not connecting.
  • MarkShusterman
    MarkShusterman Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Same problem. Issue seems to be that Quicken no longer has the button in the account download setup that prompted link to USAA's app credentials. After an hour on the phone with USAA, they gave me this: usaa.com/accessid. If you sign into your USAA account and then open that link, it should forward to a page where you can authorize Quicken access and that will give you the credentials to input into the Quicken account settings window. Be sure to switch to DirectConnect (under "Advanced" in the newest Quicken version) and use those credentials. Should work.
  • SamRH
    SamRH Member
    I use Quicken for Mac. I was so excited about Mark's information! Unfortunately, when I got the access ID and PIN and tried them, USAA did not accept them. Quicken connects to all my accounts except my VISA. There was an announcement a couple of weeks ago on the USAA site that they were setting up a new way to access Quicken, but I have seen nothing since. My VISA account on Quicken weirdly downloads payments from my checking account to my VISA account--perhaps because checking account transactions do download--but no transactions are downloaded. It's been this way since about mid-November. I'm just glad it's not a credit card I use a log, but it would be nice if USAA would fix the problem.
  • SamRH
    SamRH Member
    I tried deleting my USAA VISA account and re-adding it as a new account. USAA does not even show that I have a credit card account. A resolution would be really hice.
  • Add me to the list. This problem has been going on since October 2022 and it's now January 2023. Nor can you download a CSV file from USAA and import that. Quicken killed that long ago (except for Mint files). Not good.
  • tmbeian
    tmbeian Member ✭✭
    I am having issues with my USAA Visa Credit Card and USAA American Express Credit Card not syncing or showing up in Quicken. What is weird is that my USAA Checking and Savings accounts are syncing correctly and show some of my credit card transactions with my checking account; however, the charges used to sync separately and were recognized as such—considering the number of people with similar problems. Can you please escalate this issue with USAA, so each account stands alone and syncs appropriately with Quicken? Not functioning properly is unacceptable.
  • opleigh
    opleigh Member ✭✭
    My problem is similar with transactions from my daughter's checking account downloading into my checking account. And my savings and credit card will no download at all. It will take me days to unravel the mess. It is so frustrating.
  • Anthony V
    Anthony V Member
    I recently installed Quicken for Mac after trying MoneyWiz for Mac. I was having problems getting MoneyWiz to do daily updates for all of my credit card accounts but MoneyWiz did work with USAA Visa credit card. FYI, neither application works for the Apple Credit card. After setting up Quicken, I quickly discovered that USAA does not even show the USAA Visa credit card account as one of my USAA accounts, unlike MoneyWiz which did show it. Back and forth communications with USAA places the responsibility on Quicken to make changes to its software for account set up or importing USAA Visa transactions. Exporting a CSV file from USAA Visa creates a file that cannot be imported into Quicken as a OFX or QFX file. I refuse to buy/trust another third party software to make that conversion. Since MoneyWiz is able to get daily updates from USAID Visa, it seems to be a Quicken problem and should not take three months or more to resolve. When can we expect a resolution of this problem to close this thread?
  • tmbeian
    tmbeian Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the detailed insight. I echo your sentiment that exporting and importing CSV files or additional software is unacceptable and ridiculous! Does having a paid version of Mint make a difference? I had used the free version for 10+ years, so I upgraded to a paid version of Mint, which expires in May 2023. My Apple Card works fine on Mint; my AMEX Gold Card, every other credit card, and even my Credit Union cards work. My issues with Mint, as previously stated, are my USAA credit cards only. Unfortunately, I purchased Quicken for Mac thinking it would be better since it has added features, and I hoped it would solve the USAA CC syncing issues. Unfortunately, ‘QUICKEN’ has been a tremendous disappointment, a waste of money, and, more importantly, it has wasted way too much of my time. As of today, over half of my accounts do not work on Quicken, including my Apple Card (my primary credit card), two USAA Credit Cards, and my DFCU Visa.
  • Just want to add that my three USAA credit cards are still not being downloaded, regardless of Direct Connect or QuickConnect on my MAC ... since November 2022, I must keep track manually & it looks like there is no end in site. Importantly , CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS are no longer even available to be seen with my other accounts as past options within USAA listings. Please keep us apprised as to any progress what-so-ever, as it has been months now.
  • tmbeian
    tmbeian Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Victor, for the update; this is unbelievable and UNACCEPTABLE! I am calling them directly as a last attempt, no more chats or emails. If they can not provide a solution with a resolution date, I will cancel my account and request a full refund. I am truly grateful that my business runs with client support and satisfaction; a tribute to many thoughtful team members who are problem solvers and care about our work product.
  • tmbeian
    tmbeian Member ✭✭
    Victor, Interesting timing! I just received the following email: "USAA is committed to providing you with exceptional service. We are writing in response to your concern regarding a service experience which you outlined in your letter.

Our records indicate that you recently contacted USAA in regards to connectivity with a Third Party Application for your Money Manager Tool. After a thorough review, it was determined that USAA cannot resolve an issue with how Mint gathers USAA data. Mint will need to update their application to include the changes made to USAA.com to resume collecting data for your transactions. You can contact Intuit (www.intuit.com) to request more information as to when connectivity to their data will be restored.
    A review for Quicken identified that USAA and Quicken have identified a known issue with downloading transactions and both are working diligently to resolve the issue. There is no estimated time for a fix, but you can contact USAA periodically for any updates. We apologize for the inconveniences that this has caused you.
  • wcook2
    wcook2 Member ✭✭
    I'm spoiled to having Quicken download my VISA credit card transactions and I hate manually inputting them. When can we expect to resume automatic transaction updates?
This discussion has been closed.