After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

1234568»

Answers

• djrfree
    djrfree Member ✭✭
    R46.9 resolved the mismatch problem on some accounts but not others. The problem seems to be with martgage-backed securities where shares are reported by the bank to 4 decimal places and Quicken is truncating to 2 decimal places. The number of shares/units should be compared on 4 decimal places.
  • magallagher
    magallagher Member ✭✭
    Having the share mismatch issue since Nov 2022. I do not have R46.9 available to me. Still using R45.21. Is R46.9 available to all?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• magallagher
    magallagher Member ✭✭
    Updated to R46.9. Will check if the update corrected the mismatch error the next time the account updates with additional transactions.
  • marchem
    marchem Member ✭✭
    Fixed my problem.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated to R46.9. Will check if the update corrected the mismatch error the next time the account updates with additional transactions.
    You don't have to wait. Go to Online Center, select the FI and the account, and click Compare To Portfolio.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to wait. Go to Online Center, select the FI and the account, and click Compare To Portfolio.
    ... Or click on the gear at the top right of the account and select Reconcile Shares
    QWin Premier subscription
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    R46.12 dropped this morning.  I installed it and the issue with securities mismatch error for my TIAA case is still resolved. :) 
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • David Vigil
    David Vigil Member ✭✭
    The last two comments (Cavecreek & Jim_Harman) were helpful. I installed the latest update, R46.12, this morning, went to the gear symbol in the upper right where I found the option to "update share balance," and updated each mismatched share position to the number of shares reported by my brokerage. Now the total value balance in Quicken matches closely with the balance shown on my brokerage. Thanks to all for helpful suggestions.
  • Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just performed a(n) OSU and no longer see the mismatch
    I'm very glad to read that the problem appears to be fixed for most people, including at least one other Fidelity user. 

Me, I've lived with the problem for two months already, and given how many problems have been generated by past software releases, I'll wait another couple of weeks before applying the new release, to see if you brave people have any other issues brought about by this new edition of Quicken. 
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    During a One-Step update this morning I got prompted to update Quicken. I'm running R46.9. The Update Information said it would install R46.12!

R46.9 had solved my mismatch errors. I quickly re-enabled Window's User Account Control AGAIN to prevent Quicken from updating during a One-Step download in the future.

Not sure again what is going on...
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    I allowed the update to R46.12 yesterday and everything is still working fine as far as I can tell.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not moving off of R44.20 until transaction FIND REPLACE is fixed.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jimshu1 do you understand that R46.12 will have everything that R46.9 had, plus what is in the R46.12 release notes?

You 12 is larger than 9 and as such it is the newer release.  You take each number in the release (46 and 12/9) and compare them separately.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Chris_QPW said:
    @jimshu1 do you understand that R46.12 will have everything that R46.9 had, plus what is in the R46.12 release notes?

You 12 is larger than 9 and as such it is the newer release.  You take each number in the release (46 and 12/9) and compare them separately.
    No, I did not. I confused it with R45.12. Thanks for the info.

Any feedback on going to R46.12?
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
This discussion has been closed.