Quick Pay - Best Buy

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
I paid Best Buy on 12/23/2022, and it is "Paid". I am trying to schedule a payment for 1/21/2023 and it indicates I can't make a payment "after" 1/3/2023. The new statement hasn't downloaded yet, but why is it restricting when I can make a payment??
Windows 10 PRO current
QHB&RP current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I paid Best Buy on 12/23/2022, and it is "Paid". I am trying to schedule a payment for 1/21/2023 and it indicates I can't make a payment "after" 1/3/2023. The new statement hasn't downloaded yet, but why is it restricting when I can make a payment??
    Windows 10 PRO current
    QHB&RP current
    Hello @Greg Brown,    

I am sorry to hear about these issues with payment options being prevented prior to certain dates. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, in order to answer the question, I want to know what - in particular - seems to be preventing payments. Are you seeing that certain menu options are "greyed out," or are you seeing certain error messages? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg Brown
    edited January 2023
    Here's a screenshot...

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a screenshot...

Hello @Greg Brown,       

Thank you for getting back to me with that helpful screenshot. We apologize about this problem continuing.

First, have you been able to schedule payments online through Citi's website in the past? Also, just so I am clear: is the account you're making the payment from a Citibank account or Best Buy Credit account? Lastly, it may help to log directly onto the biller's website and authorize them for direct debit transactions (for example: PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) in regards to the next payment from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you can then avoid being late.

In Quicken, you would then create a Scheduled Reminder which is not processed as an online payment by using the steps listed here, under Manual Bill Reminder.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg Brown
    Here's a screenshot...

Hello @Greg Brown,       

Thank you for getting back to me with that helpful screenshot. We apologize about this problem continuing.

First, have you been able to schedule payments online through Citi's website in the past? Also, just so I am clear: is the account you're making the payment from a Citibank account or Best Buy Credit account? Lastly, it may help to log directly onto the biller's website and authorize them for direct debit transactions (for example: PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) in regards to the next payment from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you can then avoid being late.

In Quicken, you would then create a Scheduled Reminder which is not processed as an online payment by using the steps listed here, under Manual Bill Reminder.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Actually, that was NOT helpful. The account is Best Buy which is held by Citibank. If you would actually look at the picture you requested you will see that it was last paid, via QUICK PAY on 12/23/2022. So you're saying to pay the bill on the website but you have no solution for the ACTUAL issue? I just had another issue, the same deal, this time with HSN. It's telling me I have to schedule it BEFORE 1/14/2023 even though the previous payment "Paid" on 1/3/2023 via QuickPay. Can I get some help RESOLVING this issue instead of work arounds? I am fully aware of work arounds...

• Greg Brown
    edited January 2023
    [Removed - Alumni Tag], you have been VERY helpful in the past. Is this something you can look into?
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Here's a screenshot...

Hello @Greg Brown,       

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Actually, that was NOT helpful. The account is Best Buy which is held by Citibank. If you would actually look at the picture you requested you will see that it was last paid, via QUICK PAY on 12/23/2022. So you're saying to pay the bill on the website but you have no solution for the ACTUAL issue? I just had another issue, the same deal, this time with HSN. It's telling me I have to schedule it BEFORE 1/14/2023 even though the previous payment "Paid" on 1/3/2023 via QuickPay. Can I get some help RESOLVING this issue instead of work arounds? I am fully aware of work arounds...

• Greg Brown
    Another issue with QuickPay; I just added a quick pay and it indicated I have 10 reminders left and it renews after "2/28.
    Why 2/28 and not 1/28???

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for any upset or frustration that the previous misguidance may have caused you.

Also, please be aware that Quicken Sarah is no longer with the company and therefore will not respond when tagged anymore.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Brown
    edited February 2023
    This is still an issue. Nothing has been resolved since my last call with Quicken Support... [Edited - Personal Information]

• Greg Brown

So, this is still a problem. Reported 2 months ago and still no resolution.

This discussion has been closed.