"There were problems with one or more payments"

raking
raking Member
For about two weeks now I have been getting an error message every time I send a payment to Wells Fargo through Direct Connect.

The error message is "There were problems with one or more payments." Below that message with smaller letters is the name of the account from which the payment will come out and below that is "1 Payment Sent."

I checked with Wells Fargo who confirmed that the payment was indeed sent and is now pending in their system. In an effort to correct this issue, I disconnected and reconnected the account without any success.

Any ideas on this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    raking said:
    For about two weeks now I have been getting an error message every time I send a payment to Wells Fargo through Direct Connect.

The error message is "There were problems with one or more payments." Below that message with smaller letters is the name of the account from which the payment will come out and below that is "1 Payment Sent."

I checked with Wells Fargo who confirmed that the payment was indeed sent and is now pending in their system. In an effort to correct this issue, I disconnected and reconnected the account without any success.

Any ideas on this?
    Hello @raking,         

I am sorry about this distressing message regarding issues with payments. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Q.Hound
    Q.Hound Member ✭✭✭
    I just installed the latest Q-Mac update (0.10.2023) and I now have this same problem with WFB. Jared, please let me know how to fix this.
  • safllc
    safllc Member
    Same problem. Screenshot attached.
  • raking
    raking Member
    The error message is exactly the same as with Safllc above.
  • raking
    raking Member
    Oops - I tight I had attached it. Apologies. My problem started with the previous update and continues with the latest one (1-10-23). Any ideas? I have allied both my bank and Quicken. Both point the finger at each other.
  • le1769
    le1769 Member
    Same problem here. It seems the problem is widespread. Where is Quicken Jared?

Quicken Error Message Box.jpg
  • RandyB
    RandyB Member ✭✭
    Same issue here! - Just installed the latest update yesterday (Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100)) - Running MacOS 13.1 - Now my Wells Fargo Bank Pay transactions are returning the same error message as the others - "There were problems with one or more payments" - However, my sent transactions DID receive check numbers - and ALL of the payments I sent now show "This Bank Bill Pay transaction has been sent, but it has not yet been processed." - It would seem that something in the update is now causing Quicken to yell wolf for no reason.. - Otherwise I really LOVE the new features.. - the "Edit THIS instance" has been a looooong time coming!
  • raking
    raking Member
    This seems to be a Quicken issue based on the fact that payments are being received by Wells Fargo without issue. However, when speaking with Quicken tech support, there is adamant insistence that this is a bank problem. Ugh . . . .
  • rayrol
    rayrol Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Ever since the last Mac update when I update my files, it downloads all securities and bank transactions correctly, but sends an error message that a problem exists with online bank payment. The problem is that the error message is wrong and it does go through and pays the payment to the vendor. Need to get this error message corrected. Screen shot of Error message is attached. Please get this corrected.

[Edited Screenshot for Privacy]
  • Can we get status updates on this, and has Quicken accepted this is an issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2023
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. Please also include "Attn: CTP-5461" in the title/subject line. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    (CTP-5461)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I have the same problem. Wells Fargo says things are fine.
  • GEOCL
    GEOCL Member
    "There were problems with one or more payments".
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Me too. Quicken Deluxe Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) macOS 13.0.1
  • After the upgrade when Direct Connect stopped working I removed all "To Send" transactions, but still keep seeing "There were problems with one or more payments" and it said it had tried to send first 3 transactions and now 4 for the particular account. Searching for unsent payments shows nothing not cleared or waiting to be sent.
  • Rob2676
    Rob2676 Member
    This is a bug -- will there be a patch
  • Varadi
    Varadi Member ✭✭
    > @raking said:
    > For about two weeks now I have been getting an error message every time I send a payment to Wells Fargo through Direct Connect.
    >
    > The error message is "There were problems with one or more payments." Below that message with smaller letters is the name of the account from which the payment will come out and below that is "1 Payment Sent."
    >
    > I checked with Wells Fargo who confirmed that the payment was indeed sent and is now pending in their system. In an effort to correct this issue, I disconnected and reconnected the account without any success.
    >
    > Any ideas on this?

I'm having the same problem as may others have reported on this thread since the last update of Quicken for MAC that I installed 2 weeks ago after making a payment on Wells Fargo using Bank Bill Pay. Please fix this!!
  • Varadi
    Varadi Member ✭✭
    > @mwreagan said:
    > Me too. Quicken Deluxe Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) macOS 13.0.1

Same here Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) ,macOS 13.0
  • bketterl
    bketterl Member ✭✭
    Been having the same issue here on the Mac version. I use Truist and use their direct bill pay. Any news on a fix? I'm tired of calling the banks and companies to make sure they got my payments.
  • bketterl
    bketterl Member ✭✭
    > @bketterl said:
    > Been having the same issue here on the Mac version. I use Truist and use their direct bill pay. Any news on a fix? I'm tired of calling the banks and companies to make sure they got my payments.

And I submitted a help ticket like was asked.
  • Varadi
    Varadi Member ✭✭
    Still getting this message whenever I do a Bank Bill Pay transaction on my MAC. The payment does go through though. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? I just reported the issue today.
This discussion has been closed.