One step update freezes

gutsurg
gutsurg Member ✭✭
With the most recent Quicken update, One step update freezes. My last update was one week ago which worked fine. There seems to be three accounts that cause it to freeze during the update. A Chase account, First Horizon Bank and a store account. If I remove these accounts from an update cycle, the update works. I've restated the computer and quicken several times and Performed a file validation which did not work. Trying to reset these accounts in account management also freezes the program. Please help. Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    gutsurg said:
    With the most recent Quicken update, One step update freezes. My last update was one week ago which worked fine. There seems to be three accounts that cause it to freeze during the update. A Chase account, First Horizon Bank and a store account. If I remove these accounts from an update cycle, the update works. I've restated the computer and quicken several times and Performed a file validation which did not work. Trying to reset these accounts in account management also freezes the program. Please help. Thanks
    Hello @gutsurg,  

We are sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gutsurg
    gutsurg Member ✭✭
    thanks, but removing the program and reinstalling it did not help. Still have the same problem
  • Quicken Jared
    gutsurg said:
    thanks, but removing the program and reinstalling it did not help. Still have the same problem
    Hello @gutsurg,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services that seem to be continuing. Thank you for letting me know about what is happening after making use of the previous instructions.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    I hope to hear back from you about this, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gutsurg
    gutsurg Member ✭✭
    Phew! that worked - thanks so much
  • Quicken Jared
    gutsurg said:
    Phew! that worked - thanks so much
    Hello @gutsurg,   

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I appreciate that you took the time to get back to us, letting us know about your results.

Feel free to reach out again, anytime, with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sunyata
    Sunyata Member
    Having a similar problem-- program freezing or hanging on one-step update -- I tried this solution to no avail.
  • gutsurg
    gutsurg Member ✭✭
    Actually my problem is back after the first time I “fixed” it with the prior suggestions. I have about a dozen accounts in the update and I found the update hangs up on the same 2 accounts. I found that I need to do update initially with the two problem accounts off the list and then udate again with just the 2 problem accounts. That works. Go figure.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    gutsurg said:
    Actually my problem is back after the first time I “fixed” it with the prior suggestions. I have about a dozen accounts in the update and I found the update hangs up on the same 2 accounts. I found that I need to do update initially with the two problem accounts off the list and then udate again with just the 2 problem accounts. That works. Go figure.
    How about giving us the names of the two problem banks. Maybe someone will have an idea ...
    Alternatively, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. They may have to review the last failed download's log file, to see what kind of error codes or error indicators they can find and they may have to escalate this for further analysis.

Quicken Support:

• Charles Hadlock
    Charles Hadlock Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    My One Step Update quickly downloads everything successfully from my financial institutions, but it hangs forever (OK, five minutes or so) downloading "Quotes and Investment information" and "Update Bills." Each time. The problem started about three weeks ago (~01-20-2023). No error messages.
    UPDATE: I went into Tools>One Step Update>Download Quotes and Investment information. Click on "Select Quotes". All of my stocks and securities had a checkmark to download, even ones I no longer own or, more importantly, don't exist anymore. I believe that was hanging the update. After I unchecked those, it works fine.

Quicken for Windows user since 1993 | Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.