Alight Solutions OSU

lpa
lpa Windows Beta Beta
Starting 10 days ago Alight Solutions 401K One Step Update fails. You can not reset the account because of the error unable to connect to Alight Solutions.  Has anyone else seen this and do you have a workaround? 

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    lpa said:
    Starting 10 days ago Alight Solutions 401K One Step Update fails. You can not reset the account because of the error unable to connect to Alight Solutions.  Has anyone else seen this and do you have a workaround? 
    Hello @Ipa,   

We are sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is there an error code associated with the accounts being affected, and if so, what kind? What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lpa
    lpa Windows Beta Beta
    Thank you, Jared, no error code in the OSU window. Connection Is Direct Connect, Automatic entry is on, and the Reconcile Using Online Balance is checked. Looking forward to your response.
  • Hello @Ipa

Thank you for providing more information. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving in your original post? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

We look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• lpa
    lpa Windows Beta Beta
    Thank you, Jasmine, Attached are the 2 screenshots that you requested.
  • Hello @lpa,

Thank you for providing those screenshots. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve itPlease, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• lpa
    lpa Windows Beta Beta
    Jasmine, Thank you. After removing the account. Rebooting and then trying to set up the download again it would not recognize my login information. I confirmed the information by logging in to the site myself. I am at a loss. Now. I had similar issues with this account 18 months ago but can't recall what we did to fix it.
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @lpa said:
    > Jasmine, Thank you. After removing the account. Rebooting and then trying to set up the download again it would not recognize my login information. I confirmed the information by logging in to the site myself. I am at a loss. Now. I had similar issues with this account 18 months ago but can't recall what we did to fix it.

Alight has a screwy way to connect to Quicken.
    You don't use your userid/password but rather an "customerID" and PIN.

Once you login to their site, use the magnifying glass to search for "quicken". It should take you to the Quicken and Mint FAQ.

From there:
    "Your Customer ID and PIN for Quicken and Mint

Follow the instructions in Quicken and Mint to set up and activate online account services for your savings plan account. Here's the information you'll need:

The Financial Institution for your account is Alight Solutions.
    When you activate online account services through Quicken or Mint, you'll be prompted for a customer ID and PIN:

Customer ID

Enter your user ID, enter a hyphen, and then enter 05888 (this is your company ID).
    For example, if your user ID were DoctorClark, your customer ID would look like this: DoctorClark-05888.
    PIN Enter the same password or PIN that you use to log on to this site."
  • lpa
    lpa Windows Beta Beta
    mjonis - My credentials are correct. I have been connected to Alight for a long time. It just stopped working on January 6th. I guess it's time to contact support. Thank you for helping.
  • Chuguelet
    Chuguelet Member ✭✭
    @lpa did you find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same thing!
  • Quicken Jared
    Chuguelet said:
    @lpa did you find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same thing!
    Hello @Chuguelet,   

We are sorry that you seem to be affected by these issues, as well. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

Have you already attempted making use of the troubleshooting instructions provided by @Quicken Jasmine above, involving the deactivation of all accounts associated with Alight (be sure to save a backup before doing this, by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen)?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chuguelet
    Chuguelet Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @Chuguelet,   
    >
    > We are sorry that you seem to be affected by these issues, as well. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 
    >
    > Have you already attempted making use of the troubleshooting instructions provided by @"Quicken Jasmine" above, involving the deactivation of all accounts associated with Alight (be sure to save a backup before doing this, by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen)?
    >
    > I look forward to your response. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hi Jared -

Yes, I did. And just like the OP, it does not recognize my credentials and keeps redirecting me to the Alight site to sign up for a username and pw. I can log into their site just fine!
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @Chuguelet ,

We are sorry that the issue continues even after attempting to force discovery of accounts for online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about your results from this troubleshooting effort.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

You may then add your Alight Solutions-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu option in upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the more central, upper left-hand panel, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error messages or download issues occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Chuguelet
    Chuguelet Member ✭✭
    When I tried to do it in a new file, I got a slightly different message. I went to the website, and found my account was locked - probably from trying to access it through Quicken. I changed the password on my account and was able to get past the error message in the new test file. I then closed the test file and opened my original data file. I went through the steps of deactivating the account. I then went through the set up for online services and entered the updated password. I was able to get past the error on the original data account and reconnect to the bank. Ironically, I now have 2 more accounts showing this same issue :/
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @Chuguelet ,

We are sorry that these issues seem to be continuing in the test file. Thank you for taking the chance to let us know about your resuts.

Can you tell us what error message you saw in the test file? Also, just to be clear: is the original error message appearing in the test file, now, as well?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• I don't remember how or when I learned this, but Quicken needs the user ID to be all uppercase. Not DoctorClark-05888 but DOCTORCLARK-0588.

Hope that helps!
  • Godores41
    Godores41 Member
    edited June 2023

There was a thread on this topic, however, it does not appear that the solution proposed from Quicken worked. I tried what was posted by others, including using ALL CAPS in user name, but this did not work. Need help please!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

hmmm - looking for Alight 401k - it looks ok - supports 401k - and uses One Step Update (Direct Connect)

10245 10245 10245 Alight Solutions
    https://alight.com/ NA
    https://alight.com/ ACTIVE ACCOUNTINFO,401K&DIRECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭

My access to Alight 401k requires I append a dash and a 5 digit number to my user name. If I try to access Alight from Quicken without this suffix I receive a similar error message. Hope this helps.

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• nhttip
    nhttip Member ✭✭

I'm having similar problems. I got the error message and thought it was my password expiring. I logged on to the website and my password was expired. But I tried again in quicken and got the same "An error has occurred" with no other explanation. Usually when a password expires a box in quicken will pop up trying to troubleshoot the problem. But nothing like that happened. Just a message saying an error occurred.

• EricC
    EricC Member ✭✭✭

I'm also having similar problems. I tried to solve by de-activating the account and then re-activating. However, I can no longer access. I'm specifying customer id+company id as the Alight website shows. Still no dice. This has been happening for probably 10-15 days.

• keverly
    keverly Member ✭✭

Same problem here EricC, been going on for at least a month. Talked to Alight a couple of times, they say the problem is on Quickens end.

• Joezippy
    Joezippy Member ✭✭

Still no connection to Alight Solutions 297-A error can not establish internet connection. As usual Quicken support ZERO help ! The Quicken product quality has been slipping for years as the cost goes up.

• Joezippy
    Joezippy Member ✭✭

No internet connection since June 30 ! All other banks working fine. Quicken needs to fix this issue !

• Joezippy
    Joezippy Member ✭✭

Any update on when Quicken will have the 297-A issue with Alight Solutions resolved ? They are stating this is strictly a Quicken issue !

• Joezippy
    Joezippy Member ✭✭

Not even the courtesy of a response from Quicken regarding connectivity issues with Alight Solutions ! VERY POOR customer service from Quicken. They only thing handled quickly is our subscription payments to them.

• Rogue
    Rogue Member

Any update on this issue? I'm also experiencing it. I haven't been able to connect to Alight since 6/27. They are of course blaming Quicken for the problem. Can we get an official response?

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately the folks on this site are volunteers, I don't believe any actual Quicken employees are posting on this site. My Alight is still working (Home Depot 401k). You'll probably have to open a ticket, unfortunately (be prepared for about an hour or more of time to go through the support script they want you to do) before anything remotely helpful can begin. Sorry I can't offer any words of advice.

This discussion has been closed.