Why does my 2023 budget differ from my 2022 actuals?

Options
Frustrated123
Frustrated123 Member ✭✭
I just had Quicken create a 2023 budget. I then ran a budget report using that budget and last year's actuals. I expected every category to be exactly on budget, and that is so in the vast majority of the categories. However, there are about five categories for which the budget is either higher or lower than last year by from 7% to 33%. For example, it increased my clothes budget by 33%. Is it trying to tell me something?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Frustrated123,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Frustrated123,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I then ran a budget report using that budget and last year's actuals. I expected every category to be exactly on budget, and that is so in the vast majority of the categories. However, there are about five categories for which the budget is either higher or lower than last year by from 7% to 33%. For example, it increased my clothes budget by 33%. Is it trying to tell me something?
    Are you talking about the budget numbers or the actuals?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.