Add Acorns account getting "General error. Error in investment accounts layout" (Q Mac)

Options
Nuzzis
Nuzzis Member
Hello, I previously added Acorns with no problem last week. I removed it because I was getting this error checking the account for updates in Quicken. I thought it has something to do with changing my Acorns password. However, I am getting the same error re-adding it. The Acorns login credentials are fine.

Here is the full error message.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-101

Details:
CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
General error. Error in investment accounts layout
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Nuzzis

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gnoinsky
    gnoinsky Member
    Options
    SAME problem with Acorns yesterday for me. CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @gnoinsky,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Below are some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an FDP-101 error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

First, deactivate all the accounts with the affected financial institution

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.

Second, delete Quicken passwords from the Keychain

1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.

Third, re-add the accounts

1. Go to Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    3. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.

You can read more about the FDP-101 error message and the troubleshooting steps through this link

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• danbaskette
    Options
    Same issue. I followed the instructions and that didn't seem to help. I also tried an entirely new data file and that didn't work.
  • danbaskette
    Options
    Anything else we can try. This worked up until last week.
    -------------
    Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-101

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
  • danbaskette
    Options
    Forgot to add.... I reported the error via the app, so all the files should be available to review.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @danbaskette,  

We are sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for continuing to work with us on this issue. 

If this issue remains after making use of the earlier troubleshooting steps, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • patgmccabe
    Options
    I am having the same issue as described above. Tried the instructions suggested. Multiple attempts are reporting issue via the applications. Still no success connecting to my Acorns account.
This discussion has been closed.