Edit This and Future Split Transaction

KeulerB
KeulerB Member
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
In Bills & Income, I have a Manual Split Transaction with 12 items.
View the split: Ok
Edit this instance: Ok
Edit this and Future Instances: Not ok. The last two items are combined showing the total of both items in row 11. Category and Tag columns are blank.

This occurred in my original Spilt. I deleted that and created a new Split. Same thing.

Entering the Bill is not a problem. Seems like a "display" issue when trying to edit "This and future".

Thoughts? I have screen grabs if you need them.
KeulerB

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @KeulerB & @larrywt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• larrywt
    larrywt Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    After setting up both a bill or income reminder, noted a problem when putting in more than 10 (split category) transactions. After entering the 11th and 12th transaction, they appeared to be present. But after saving and then reviewing the bill or reminder, the transactions(category) were not displayed. Only a blank line with the total of the 2 missing transactions was displayed. The Transaction Total was correct. Tried to Add Lines but experienced the same problem. Could not find another link with this issue.
    If posting in the ledger, did not encounter this problem, just under Tools Bill and Income Reminders.

[Merged Post]
  • larrywt
    larrywt Member ✭✭
    Didn't catch your discussion before posting my problem. I am having the same problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @KeulerB & @larrywt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KeulerB
    KeulerB Member
    Thanks for the reply, Anja. So, the best answer for now is to limit the split to 10?
  • Davo
    Davo Member
    I just had the issue but my categories were not more than 10. Editing this instance and future, there are only 4 row entries for my mortgage. Interest, principal, taxes and ins. When I enter in to register, all wipe out and only one row with the total amount and uncategorized. I did notice in my Bill a few blank rows, so I deleted those. But then entered again and the same issue.
  • flowtops
    flowtops Member
    NO ETA ?????????? Splits previously set up in Bill & Income Reminders are missing. Seems to work for Memorized payees. PLEASE FIX ASAP. This IS TEDIOUS & FRUSTRATATING for monthly reconciliation of bank accounts with lots of split transactions. I do not have time to babysit your programming improvements and errors. YOU should be sending ME a PUSH email of the status using my email of record.
  • Patti W
    Patti W Member
    I'm having the same issue and don't understand how it cannot be corrected quickly. Never had this issue until January. Obviously the programming error is within your latest update.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    R47.11 might fix this.  I just got notice that it is available.  It is probably in staged release mode right now so not everyone will get it right away, here are the release notes:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KeulerB
    KeulerB Member
    I can confirm that it is fixed. Even though it is a "Manual Bill" where I move 12 line items from my Checking to Savings as a weekly budget amount and not necessarily a "Loan". Before the fix, I had to create a separate Manual Bill for 2 items and remove those two from my original. Just now, I added the 2 items back into the original and tried to edit "This and all future instances" and it stuck.

Thank you for the swift repair!
    I'll delete the new Manual Bill once I know entering it works. I won't know that till Thursday 2/9/23.
  • KeulerB
    KeulerB Member
    By the way, you can always go to the Help Menu in Quicken and "Check For Updates". That's how I got mine.
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    I want to understand something. I had a bookmark for this issue and was following it. The Bookmark Link is no longer Valid, and the Link Above is no Longer Valid. We get a Permission Error when trying to click it. There was Never a post in that thread as to the issue being resolved, and I logged in today to see if there was any update at all since I hadn't received an e-mail lately to find that I can't access it.

How are we supposed to track these issues and see a resolution if you don't actual post a resolution, or you remove the post before we even have a chance to see it?

I have another bookmark that I was following, that I don't remember seeing an e-mail update on that is was resolved as well that I can no longer see. Called NEW 1/13/2023 $0 Dollar Investment Balance, that I can also not find anymore. It's also completely annoying that I now apparently have 6 book marked threads that I was following, but when I go to See what they were I only actually see 2 because the rest have been removed? How is a user supposed to actual know when Program Breaking Features are fixed. @Quicken Anja
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilley7997 @Quicken Anja @Quicken Jared
    Not knowing when or if Anja might reply, the subject alert was declared as Resolved on 2/2/22.  It appears it was moved to the archives on 2/7/23.  That s a pretty short lag time.  Now I cannot swear as to how this case was managed, but I have the impression the Alert was posted as ONGOING on 1/31/23, and then that post was edited on 2/2/23 to reflect the R47.11 fixed (resolved) the issue.  

I suspect as a bookmarked post new posts on the subject (the 1/31/23 update) would be sent out.  I don't believe edits to a post are sent out.  If those understandings are correct, that would be why you did not get  notification that the Alert was resolved.  If that is the case, the community mods need to revise their procedures to not edit prior posts when new information is available.
This discussion has been closed.