Vanguard no longer provides detailed tracking (redux)?

Kevin45
Kevin45 Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Investing (Mac)
Evidently this happened earlier in 2022 and it seems to be happening again. The earlier thread never did get resolved :disappointed:

Earlier thread; same issue:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905024/vanguard-no-longer-provides-detailed-tracking

Anyone else experiencing this? UGH!!!!

Answers

• Sijidaegu
    Sijidaegu Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing this issue right now as well. I have to change my Vanguard password and now it lost all my detailed tracking
  • msgchef
    msgchef Member ✭✭
    just today, yesterday was fine with all transactions reset account and poof no tranasctions allowed NOT GOOD
  • Hello @Sijidaegu and @msgchef

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I would like to ask if you are connected to Vanguard using Direct Connect? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    Hello, I'm using Quicken Connect. I don't recall making this choice, and when I logged back in to re-establish the connections I don't recall the connection type being an option. Note that I tried to switch from "Vanguard" to "Vanguard - Personal Investors" but it was also limited (didn't offer the detailed view) so I bailed. Thank you.
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Also, Jasmine, you reached out to @Sijidaegu and @msgchef (which is great!), but I posed the original question / concern / panic ;-)

Also one of my Vanguard accounts isn't connecting at all, so I have no data and my portfolio values are incorrect as a result. It appears to be configured for connectivity like the rest.
  • Hello @Kevin45

I do apologize for the confusion. 

Would you mind checking which connection method you are currently connected to with Vanguard? You can see this by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine, no worries whatsoever. Thanks for your help. I already answered your query in an earlier reply. Please scroll up a bit. Thanks again!
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    This issue is NOT resolved. Pinging the thread to get attention. Thank you. Evidently this is happening with other institutions after reviewing the discussion forum.
  • jcrubino
    jcrubino Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Hello @Kevin45

Thank you for providing more information and for your patience. 

First, I suggest connecting to your Vanguard account(s) using Direct Connect. First, you will want to disconnect all of your vanguard accounts and then reconnect them using the add account (+) button. You can disconnect the accounts by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). You can change the connection method by navigating to Advanced in the bottom right-hand corner and then selecting Direct Connect. 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine, I switched to a direct connection (which is what I thought I had in the first place), and my detailed transactions were recovered. However, I have a number of odd added transactions that didn't really occur, so now I need to go through each account to track the nature of the problem. Something def happened on your side, but I'm working to clean it up. Hopefully I won't be switched from Direct again.... Thanks for the recommendation
  • Hello @Kevin45

Thanks for updating us. 

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution and that your detailed transactions have been restored. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.