Border Thickness (Register)

skydivetom
skydivetom Member ✭✭
Hello:

A few days ago, Quicken pushed an auto-update (R47.11).

Unless I am mistaking, it appears that the *border thickness* between register transactions has increased. See attached JPG for illustration.

If so, is does anyone know how to decrease the border thickness? This is purely based on personal preference.

Again, I'm not 100% certain that the recent upgrade caused this change but I prefered the old look (i.e., thin borders between each transaction).

Thank you,
Tom

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello:

A few days ago, Quicken pushed an auto-update (R47.11).

Unless I am mistaking, it appears that the *border thickness* between register transactions has increased. See attached JPG for illustration.

If so, is does anyone know how to decrease the border thickness? This is purely based on personal preference.

Again, I'm not 100% certain that the recent upgrade caused this change but I prefered the old look (i.e., thin borders between each transaction).

Thank you,
    Tom
    Hello @skydivetom,             

We are sorry about this unwanted change in interface appearance. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what settings are being used under Edit > Preferences > Register? Have you enabled Use Large Font settings in View? We have not been able to reproduce those lines between Register entries, so I want to know more about your current customization adjustments.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From what I see they have been changed, and no there isn't any setting to change it.
    Current:

About one year ago:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • skydivetom
    skydivetom Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW -- thank you for confirming this change in the Quicken interface. I appreciate your posting the 2 pics.

Hopefully the Intuit/Quicken developers will look into this and, possible, undo this unwanted modification.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • skydivetom
    skydivetom Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jared -- thank you.

I concur with @Chris_QPW, it appears there's currently no way to change the border thickness. Per your recommendation, I checked out the preferences. See attached JPG. Fontsize = 8.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared -- thank you.

I concur with @Chris_QPW, it appears there's currently no way to change the border thickness. Per your recommendation, I checked out the preferences. See attached JPG. Fontsize = 8.
    Hello @skydivetom,      

Thank you for getting back to me about this. We do apologize for this desired feature that seems to be missing; I wanted to make sure I understood the situation, and that other possibilities were considered.

Now that we have established that the feature is not available, however, I want to draw your attention to the process of submitting Idea posts. You can create an Idea post using the instructions provided in this link, here. Essentially, users are able to suggest a feature that they would like to see implemented in the software, and it is then voted on by the members of the Quicken Community. If the proposal is popular enough, it is then handed off to the development team for consideration.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • skydivetom
    skydivetom Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @Quicken Jared -- I am NOT recommending a desired feature. I was merely posting that Quicken register's interface appears to have changed with one of the latest releases. Again, this was confirmed by another user (e.g., @Chris_QPW). That is, please refer to the two (2) images that he posted on 5 Feb. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20336713#Comment_20336713

So, again, I'm NOT suggesting to add a new feature... I simply preferred the *thin* register borders (between transactions) as Quicken had them for 20+ years.

Thanks,
    Tom
This discussion has been closed.