Quicken won't load/crash report

pop up screen says quicken unexpectedly quit the last time I was using it. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but the same screen keeps popping up.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @maryblackburn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please try uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken again, except, after you have uninstall and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I appreciate your response! Unfortunately I have followed your directions and I still can not open my files!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and for providing us with an update.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
  • I am encountering exact same. After completing all steps above & even installing the "US Manual Mondo Patch", it still crashes at app startup. However, I have learned that if I run QW.EXE in Administrator mode, everything works and the data file is fine. If I run QW.EXE normally, then the app crashes. I suspect some type of folder rights & roles problem somewhere - any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.