Quicken Freezes When Adding Files to Transactions

Options
GNick
GNick Member
For several months (after installing a Quicken update around summer 2022), adding scanned PDF files to Quicken transactions causes Quicken to freeze with a flashing cloud-arrow icon. The only way out is to use the Windows task manger to close Quicken, then re-open Quicken to discover whether the file attached to the transaction.

Quicken support agents were unable to find solutions. Their tests included creating a new Quicken file, loading a mondo patch, and installing earlier versions of Quicken but the problem persisted.

Some Quicken support agents say this is a known bug but they have no idea whether it is being fixed or when it might be fixed.

Many calls to Quicken support agents and hours of troubleshooting failed to solve the problem. Tier 2 Quicken support was promised but they failed to call back at a scheduled time.
Tagged:

Comments

• GNick
    GNick Member
    Options
    I tried phoning back today for support. After an hour-long wait, Quicken support agent Edward placed me on hold and after another half hour the call dropped. I tried chatting with Quicken by text but got no reply except from a bot that promised "One moment while I connection [sic] you to someone that can help!"
  • GNick
    GNick Member
    Options
    I continue trying to reach Quicken support today by phone and chat and spent 3.5 hours getting no help. They keep placing me on hold, then disconnecting the phone. The chat agent requires that I must keep the chat alive by posting something every three minutes while he attempts to reach a support person. The software is not the only thing broken here.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @GNick,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GNick
    GNick Member
    Options
    Anyone following this thread might be interested to know that the same experience I am having is described at another link in the Quicken Community.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859979/quicken-crashes-when-adding-scanned-attachment
This discussion has been closed.