Individual categories disappeared in reports - Home and Business

Options
LA315
LA315 Member, Mac Beta Beta
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I collected my 2022 spending report (based on 2021 report), saved it as 2022, exported it to excel, but when I went back in to check on a number, all individual categories had disappeared from the reports. Now, no matter what report, the categories have disappeared. I can still choose categories --they are all listed and checked -- but I cannot see them in the report. This happened after the last update. Any ideas?

I am running this on windows.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    Have you been reusing a Saved Report, saved in a prior version of Quicken?
    If so, they sometimes don't properly work in the current version. You should recreate the report from scratch, re-customize it as needed and, once it works, save it again, replacing the old saved report. 
  • LA315
    Options
    US Home, Business + Rental R47.11 Windows 10 Home
    Yes, I have been using a saved report but even when I generate a new spending by category I don't get individualized categories. It feels like I've inadvertently clicked some universal don't show preference but everywhere I check looks the same. I've been using quicken since 97.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also using R 47.11, a Spending by Category report looks OK, i.e., all categories and subcategories with amounts not equal to $0.00 are correctly shown for the selected time period.

Can you please capture one or more images of your report, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• LA315
    Options
    This is spending by category, which should have 150+ lines. It's only showing income and not even all the income.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Click on Update to show then pick the level of detail you want
    QWin Premier subscription
  • LA315
    Options
    File contained damaged category. Had to copy the backup and supervalidate using shift-control when clicking validate. Learned something new. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.