Is there a fix for Verizon's locked account error?

Options
From previous post, I've tried everything. seems the other person was able to fix the problem by having Verizon delete their account and re set it back up. That did not work for me.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a number of older discussions in the Community. Reading some of them, the problem might stem from the use of 2FA security making it impossible for the Quicken servers to access the biller's website on your behalf.
    If the biller allows it, I would turn off 2FA at the biller's website and see if that solves the issue.
    If it doesn't, totally bypass Online Bill Pay and do the following:
    I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Honey Home
    Honey Home Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, but I don't have 2FA set up on the biller web site.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.