Why does Quicken have a "Market Adjustment" tag?

Options
Ray
Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
In three different data files, Quicken has a "Market Adjustment" tag. I didn't create it. If I run any report with all accounts, categories, and payees selected, all dates, but for only the "Market Adjustment" tag, nothing is found. Why is it there? Should I delete it?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what if anything the Market Adjustment tag is used for, but apparently Quicken applies it automatically to price adjustments in House type asset accounts.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you use the Zillow feature and let it update the house balance, it uses that tag for that transaction.  Note that the Zillow feature is a Premier and above feature.  Why they thought this was a good idea, no one knows. No one in the Quicken forums suggested it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I opened my Home asset account where I've used Zillow and see the "Market adjustment" tag. Why couldn't if find them in my report?

I clicked in the Payee field of one of the transactions with the "Market adjustment" tag and clicked Show Report. I changed the date to Include all dates so all the transactions show. I opened the report's Customize and found all the tags checked. I unchecked all but "Market adjustment." As expected, this report shows only the transactions with "Market adjustment."

I picked a transaction without a "Market adjustment" and repeated the customizations. Unexpectedly, this report is empty instead of just showing the transactions with "Market adjustment." I've encountered this before where reports don't obey their settings.
This discussion has been closed.