My bank only has option to download account in csv format, will that work with Quicken Deluxe?

My bank only has option to download account in csv format, will that work with Quicken Deluxe for Windows? :)

Best Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    One of the long-time posters here has created a free program that will convert Excel or CSV files to QIF format that can be imported to Quicken.  

Paging @Chris_QPW

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Quicken can directly import CSV files but for securities prices only. 
    It cannot directly import CSV files for bank, spending, debt and investment accounts. But you can use a conversion software like ImportQIF to convert the file into a format Quicken can import.  ImportQIF is freeware (no ads or upsells) developed by a long-time Quicken user and very active participant in this Community.  You can read up on it and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.
    BTW, which bank do you use?  Have you considered using One Step Update or Update Now for downloading into Quicken?  This Quicken internal process will download transactions directly into Quicken without needing to manually log into the bank and downloading/importing a transactions file from there.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    One of the long-time posters here has created a free program that will convert Excel or CSV files to QIF format that can be imported to Quicken.  

Paging @Chris_QPW

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Quicken can directly import CSV files but for securities prices only. 
    It cannot directly import CSV files for bank, spending, debt and investment accounts. But you can use a conversion software like ImportQIF to convert the file into a format Quicken can import.  ImportQIF is freeware (no ads or upsells) developed by a long-time Quicken user and very active participant in this Community.  You can read up on it and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.
    BTW, which bank do you use?  Have you considered using One Step Update or Update Now for downloading into Quicken?  This Quicken internal process will download transactions directly into Quicken without needing to manually log into the bank and downloading/importing a transactions file from there.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• mLars
    mLars Member
    I appreciate the response! I will try the software because the One Step Update doesn't go back to when I last updated in 2022. My fault for not updating or using the scheduled update feature. I bank at a credit union. Again, much appreciated!!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One comment about doing .QIF file imports whether you use ImportQIF or any other process to create the QIF file, subscription Quicken imports the transactions directly into the register, they are not put in the Download Transactions tab for your review and does not do any duplicate filtering.
    ImportQIF does do its own duplicate filtering, but only for the transactions that it imports.
    I use it myself and it works great.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.