Cannot connect my Acorns account

ap_rn
ap_rn Member ✭✭
I just attempted to connect my acorns account and received:
"Care code: FDP-106
Details:
ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106"

I am positive that the account does exist. I also tried a different password and it told me that I had entered in my details incorrectly.

One other post about FDP-106 suggested waiting for off hours, but I have seen nothing about acorns and FDP-106.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ap_rn said:
    I just attempted to connect my acorns account and received:
    "Care code: FDP-106
    Details:
    ACCOUNT_MISMATCH

I am positive that the account does exist. I also tried a different password and it told me that I had entered in my details incorrectly.

One other post about FDP-106 suggested waiting for off hours, but I have seen nothing about acorns and FDP-106.
    Hello @ap_rn

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and the FDP-106 error message. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, while Quicken is open, then proceed through the steps listed below, in order:

Step 1: Deactivate the account(s)

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists.
    3. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    4. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    5. Select the Downloads tab.
    6. Click on Disconnect Account.
    7. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    8. Quit Quicken.

Step 2: Reactivate and link the account(s)

1. Go to Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Type the name of the financial institution, make the appropriate selection, then click Continue.
    3. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.

NOTE: this process will download up to 90 days of transactions from your bank. If you find duplicate transactions in your account(s), you can delete these transactions from the account register.

You can read more about the instructions provided above in the Support Article provided here

Let us know how this works!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • danowski1984
    danowski1984 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem adding Acorns account. There is no account hidden or otherwise to uncheck or disconnect. please advice further. thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem adding Acorns account. There is no account hidden or otherwise to uncheck or disconnect. please advice further. thanks
    Hello @danowski1984,   

We are sorry that you seem to be affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your Acorns-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the Accounts menu in the upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the upper central-left hand side denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know if the error message appears in the test file, as well, if you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ap_rn
    ap_rn Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @Quicken Jared

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately even after starting from scratch I am still getting the error seen below.

"Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-106

Details:
    ACCOUNT_MISMATCH

I have a copy of the full report but do not think it wise to post in a public forum.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello ap_rn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, and following up on the previous instructions.

Since the issue persists in both your original file and the test file, we advise that you please reach out to Quicken Support directly at this point for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a long time ago I remember discussions about CC-506 (FDP-106) errors because the bank had changed account nicknames on their website to include unsupported characters like ™ © ® or similar ones.
    The problem was resolved by logging on to the bank website and removing these characters from the account nickname.
    Could that be your problem? Just firing shots into the dark here ...
  • ap_rn
    ap_rn Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja I will reach out when I have a chance!

@UKR That would make sense! Unfortunately, I checked my acorns account and as far as I could tell I can't edit or change the name of the account, but it also didn't seem to have any special characters (that I could see) in the name.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ap_rn said:
    @Quicken Anja I will reach out when I have a chance!

@UKR That would make sense! Unfortunately, I checked my acorns account and as far as I could tell I can't edit or change the name of the account, but it also didn't seem to have any special characters (that I could see) in the name.
    Hi! Thanks for responding.
    In that case, a phone call to  Quicken Support seems to be the only way to get to the bottom of this issue. Looks to me like they'll have to review a download log file on your system to figure out the cause of the problem...

• Brian407
    Brian407 Member

I have the same issue with Acorns. It was working for a long time, then it stopped. I tried deactivating and re-adding the account, but I had same problem.

• danowski1984
    danowski1984 Member ✭✭

Sorry for the delay. I tried the Start from scratch/Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web approach with no success.

Care code: FDP-106 

• baxterdale
    baxterdale Member ✭✭
    I have, for the first time, tried to add my Acorns account. The account is found in the wizard. I am able to supply a Email Address and Password..and then we go into the spinning message "Looking for your accounts..." after couple minutes, fails with the lovely apology "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)
    Then I am presented with Radio button choice of:
    - Try again now
    - I'll enter my transactions manually

I have tried again numerous times but I seem to be in a circle now.

General Question - Is anybody currently able to connect to Acorns??

From reading post in community it seems like it was difficult to get working and that it recently has stopped working.

Maybe Q should have a dashboard of all banks showing that connectivity is up and working from their ability to test this logical part.
  • hilton954
    hilton954 Member

Exactly same issue; new user, succesfully added all my accounts except Acorns and I get the same result as baxterdale above when I try add it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• baxterdale
    baxterdale Member ✭✭
    I provided an innovative idea...dashboard....maybe you could "report a problem" to provide a better solution
This discussion has been closed.