NO Support - "Invalid Credentials" and VPN usage troubleshooting. (edit)

I've got a problem not being able to login. In fact I needed to create a new account just to post this comment. The problem is repeatedly getting "Invalid credentials" messages. I've created new passwords many times. The last tech support person first said it was the VPN, so I turn it off. Then it was my firewall, so I turned it off. Then I needed to reboot my machine, so I did. Then they said my VPN was active in the background, but my public IP is my local one. Then they hung up on me.

FTR, the new account I created works fine with the VPN and firewall enabled. Obviously there is something on their end blocking my old account.

This is unbelievably poor! Who do I contact about this?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The topic of "invalid credentials" comes up every so often ....
    It helps to know all the details, such as....
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    - where are you physically located
    - are you using a VPN - which one

I have also updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Phrede
    Phrede Member
    I'm not disclosing my physical location other than US. There is no VPN Quicken Deluxe v 47.15.

I'll re-post the question about contact info for poor customer service and hope you don't edit my posts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Phrede,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I apologize for the negative experience.

Were you by chance given a ticket number? If not, that's okay. I should be able to find it if you recall the date and approximate time of the interaction. I'd like to pull it for further review and if needed, forward it on to our support management team so the agent you spoke with can be coached.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Phrede
    Phrede Member
    Thanks for the reply. Today, 21FEB2023 at 10:27, 10:51, and 11:20 plus about 15 minutes hold time each. I can check the recordings and get names if you like.

At this point, I've given up hope of problem resolution. I just need to make sure the subscription does not auto renew and since I can't login it's not possible.

Honestly, I've just had enough and I'm done. You don't get to hang up on me and continue to get my business.
  • Phrede
    Phrede Member
    Sorry, I forgot to mention EST
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the information. 

I will personally review the interaction and see to it that it is appropriately handled.

I will follow up with you if any further information is needed! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.