Ally Bank with 2FA and then CC-508 ? (edit)

Answers

• Scott Alcaide
    Scott Alcaide Member ✭✭✭
    Same Issue. Like rsnipper, I would point out that there is a notification on the main page summary that says: "We're taking a time out for tech maintenance this Saturday, starting at 2:30 AM ET. Some online services, like real-time transaction and account info won’t be available. Everything should be back up and running by 6 AM ET." You can delete this notification, but if you refresh the page, it comes back. IMHO, this could be the problem.
  • rspincus
    rspincus Member ✭✭
    Same issue here
  • same issue plus with Trulient FCU. This is a quicken problem, not a user problem.
  • smajicek
    smajicek Member ✭✭
    I have this issue also, after creating a new quicken file because the old one has issues, and I just recently paid my subscription for this quicken, not feeling good about it
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I think I am affected by this issue.  Have had an Ally savings account since 2010, Q downloaded it every day without fail.  I added a new CD account on 2/23 and now it prompts for a code.  Every time.   Reading this thread, adding the CD account may be a red herring since things stopped working for others about then as well!

CC-508, "Your financial institution's website has a new page or pop-up window that needs your response.  For more information, see this FAQ"

FAQ, says to visit [Ally's] website, "Navigate to the screen you download your account information from... When you encounter a screen that requires your response, provide the requested information.  If you have the option to not be asked for the same information in the future, select that option. If you do not select that option, the error may continue to occur."

I went through this with Charles Schwab and others, you have to authorize them to let Quicken connect.  I get that.  Where do you do this in Ally's site?

I called Ally and the agent did not even know what Quicken was.  I put in a help request, hopefully it will get routed to whoever can answer the question.  Or the update they say is coming to their site this weekend, will fix it. 

(Q Deluxe, Win10)

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    Melman1 said:

I went through this with Charles Schwab and others, you have to authorize them to let Quicken connect.  I get that.  Where do you do this in Ally's site?

I don't think there's any way to do that on Ally's site.  I think the error that Quicken is reporting is essentially an erroneous error (an error that's in error, lol) and I think the problem is on Quicken's side, not on Ally's side.
  • starpal
    starpal Member ✭✭
    Same Ally Bank issue. 2FA completed but CC-508 everytime.
  • Al_D
    Al_D Member ✭✭
    Same here. Quicken for Windows R47.15. I've tried the suggested fix for "Error When Using Online Services: CC-508" but to no avail.
  • brent@
    brent@ Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    same here. Started 02.22.23 for me. using Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100)(Mac)
  • rjohn10
    rjohn10 Member ✭✭
    Other banks download fine, just Ally refusing to activate Ally account download, apparently because quicken is not authenticating quicken account. I'm caught in an endless loop of receiving SMS code message, inter username, enter password, enter another SMS code, and so on. Quicken just can't seem to perform properly for any length of time without breaking. Someday Quicken will not be "the only game in town".
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > In this case we all have the identical problem so I personally doubt our logs would show anything different. Its systemic whether the Quicken Server, Aggregator or Ally server error. I spent over an hour with Ally last night when I thought it might only be me coincidental with a transfer made yesterday afternoon. They do not believe it is them. With Quicken not handling 2FA with AT&T (and maybe others) I think they are likely right. So Aggregator or Quicken.Appreciate all confirming the issue is widespread.

I agree, assuming at least someone has submitted logs. While I hope they have a test account, it is probably even better if they have logs from the production system and an actual user account.
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I don't think there's any way to do that on Ally's site.  I think the error that Quicken is reporting is essentially an erroneous error (an error that's in error, lol) and I think the problem is on Quicken's side, not on Ally's side.

Well, there has to be a coordination between Quicken and Ally to upgrade to the new extra-secure authentication (whatever the correct term is), and it looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.  Maybe they will after Ally's weekend website upgrade.  The coordination of Quicken with Schwab about a year ago was not perfect but it did get resolved.

I have not been on these forums in awhile, it looks like there is more Q employee participation now.  I'm surprised one of them hasn't commented on this.
  • smajicek
    smajicek Member ✭✭
    When I spoke with Ally tonight both representatives did not know what quicken was... thats sad, they told me to contact quicken but it was past 5 pm PST, and support is closed, will try tomorrow
  • My last successful download was 2/22/23 from Ally Bank. Yesterday, I started getting the 2FA and getting the CC-508 upon completion of the download. I tried resetting the account this morning and now it won't even store my user name or password for Ally Bank. I get the CC-508 error. This is a real nuisance since the bulk of my savings is at Ally Bank. Both my other banks work just fine. Quicken, please get this fixed. I've been using this software since 1998 and can't count how many hours I've wasted trying to get things to work properly due to all the changes to Quicken. I can't track my 401(k) in Quicken anymore since it's either under or overstated. I've given up on tracking my 401(k) with your software since it just doesn't work correctly for that.
  • gsquaredmarg
    gsquaredmarg Member ✭✭
    Ditto - R47.15 (Build 27.1.47.15)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still broken this morning - but you knew that.
    This bears repeating although mentioned above:

Do NOT RESET the account(s). Doing so loses your login and Password information at ALLY as well.

I'm sure once fixed this can be can be reconstructed, but it complicates your issues if you do. I tried that, got into an endless loop of entering login and password, then restored from recent backup and the login and password were back. So just FYI.
  • Gary E
    Gary E Member
    I'm also experiencing this issue for the last number of days. I have bookmarked the alert that was mentioned earlier and will wait for a fix, but wanted to let the community know it affects a number of people.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Issue still ongoing for me as well.  Quicken - get your act together!
  • Same problem. Quicken R47.15, Windows 11
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the problem is Ally's end. I'm getting the same error.
    BUT I also cannot link my Ally account from my Chase account. Chase's website kinda does the same thing. You enter your creds, get the 2FA, and then it says Ally rejects it. Been ongoing for at least 2 days with Chase as well.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    mjonis said:
    I'm pretty sure the problem is Ally's end. I'm getting the same error.
    BUT I also cannot link my Ally account from my Chase account. Chase's website kinda does the same thing. You enter your creds, get the 2FA, and then it says Ally rejects it. Been ongoing for at least 2 days with Chase as well.

That's interesting. And I agree, does point to Ally. Ihad JUST that morning linked Ally to another bank and worked, so likely got in before the issues. Transfer scheduled for Monday so that will be telling as well as that is totally outside of Quicken.
  • gregsu168
    gregsu168 Member ✭✭
    Called Quicken about a related issue where the security code used to be able to be delivered via a phone call or text, but now only shows SMS option. They said it is an Ally issue and Ally says they allow both phone and text, so it must be a Quicken issue. Love the runaround. Added a different number and after entering the code I got via SMS, still saying cc-508 - something about your bank has additional screens so try logging in and then going through each screen until you can see your transactions, then come back to Quicken and try again. So maybe rsnipper's post about the Ally maintenance popup is causing issues
    Since 1993 and now using subscription Win10 H&B&Rental
  • Thomas Hyzy
    Thomas Hyzy Member ✭✭
    Same issue today (2/24/23), Quicken Deluxe R47.15. Deactivated all Ally accounts, upon attempt to re-connect I end up in an endless loop, repeatedly having to request a texted MFA code from Ally, which does not result in connection.
  • Same. It is getting harder and harder to use Quicken to download from my financial institutions.
  • Same. Cannot find a thing on Ally site.
  • gregsu168
    gregsu168 Member ✭✭
    Just found this post that it is being escalated internally and worked on. You can subscribe to updates - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7930253/new-2-23-22-ally-bank-cc-508-fdp-108#latest
    Since 1993 and now using subscription Win10 H&B&Rental
  • ButchCol
    ButchCol Member ✭✭
    Have not been able to download Ally Checking or Savings since 02/22/23 and getting error to visit my Ally account. The account is fine and no "pop ups". Made the mistake of RESETTING my quicken account and now cannot add these accounts back. So there is no error report to send to Quicken.
  • Al_D
    Al_D Member ✭✭
    I posted yesterday in this thread. Same problem with AllyBank, but I wanted to give some positive feedback as to Quicken. I think it is a great product and the company has been doing a great job in keeping it updated with regular updates. Except for this issue with AllyBank, which appears to be perplexing Quicken, the product (I have Quicken Premier, Windows 10, latest version) run smoothly. I have all my credit cards, bank accounts, investment accounts, etc. Keep up the good work. I am sure that Quicken (with perhaps AllyBank's input) will find a solution to this. In the meantime, I have been downloading my AllyBank transactions (7 accounts) manually from AllyBank website into a Quicken format (QFX) using Wed Connect and it works fine. You can find info on this on AllyBank's own website: https://www.ally.com/help/bank/quicken/
  • JBH
    JBH Member ✭✭
    Same here but with an added note "Your financial institution's website has a new page or pop-up window that needs your response".
    I've been to the site and have not experienced a pop-up and the page appears the same, except for notes about maintenance and buckets not available.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    My wild guess...After the maintenance message goes away, so will the issue...
This discussion has been closed.