Ally Bank with 2FA and then CC-508 ? (edit)

Options

Answers

• SirJohan
    SirJohan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sigh. Same issue here as others. First, in early February, I did the disconnect services and reconnected for Quicken's new authentication. Caused a huge issue on one of my accounts where beginning balances from years ago somehow changed. And now this constant CC-508 error. Going to reconcile Ally in Excel until this gets resolved. If I am forced to reconcile things in excel...how long until I decide to reconcile everything in Excel and not use Quicken.
  • PhanTOM
    PhanTOM Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @SirJohan said:
    > Sigh. Same issue here as others. First, in early February, I did the disconnect services and reconnected for Quicken's new authentication. Caused a huge issue on one of my accounts where beginning balances from years ago somehow changed. And now this constant CC-508 error. Going to reconcile Ally in Excel until this gets resolved. If I am forced to reconcile things in excel...how long until I decide to reconcile everything in Excel and not use Quicken.

I have considered dumping Quicken many times in favor of a spreadsheet but the pain of downloading transactions from many different sites is just too much work. I have tried alternatives to Quicken and, sigh, I keep coming back to the torture of running Quicken.
  • navybob
    navybob Member
    Options
    Many of you probably know this already and while it may be a bit inconvenient, you can set up the Ally accounts to use Web Connect which works fine and doesn't require 2 Factor verification. Using this you can still download transactions via the Ally web site and balance your accounts as necessary until Quicken and/or Ally get the automatic entry function working again.
  • Terri Grover
    Terri Grover Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still a problem, reported on Feb. 27th. Any ETA now??
  • glenn.hout
    glenn.hout Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    CC-508 issue still existing on 2/27/2023. Called Ally Support last Friday (2/24/2023) and no one in their tech support team knew anything about the issue. They also validated that they have NOT added any new page requiring users to "accept" before online TXN's can continue. This is something that Quicken needs to spearhead resolving.
  • Duckduckgoose
    Options
    Getting the same issue as everyone else. First CC-508 then error to update password on the site. All my financials flow through Ally... common Quicken.
  • Tim Fadden
    Tim Fadden Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem with Ally, no more info needed... Nice how they all pass the buck to the other guy.
  • Russmc
    Russmc Member
    Options
    On the phone with Ally now. Short answer: They know of the issue and have done everything on their side to triage the problem. They said Quicken did an update to the "3rd Party Database" Thursday 2/23/23 and as a result the problems occurred. I was also told there were multiple institutions involved, but not all customers were effected in those institutions.
    I wish Quicken would be as responsive to their caused issues, as they were when they were trying to get me to renew!
  • DianaSamalot
    DianaSamalot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue as everyone else. As far as I can tell, this started after quicken's last update. Trying to wait patiently.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did not happen from Quickens last update. Happened in the afternoon of 2/22. I had done the update long before this issue arose. Could be coincidence for you, but that is all.

• DianaSamalot
    DianaSamalot Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Bob. said:
    > Did not happen from Quickens last update. Happened in the afternoon of 2/22. I had done the update long before this issue arose. Could be coincidence for you, but that is all.

I suppose it could be.
  •  quick2020
    quick2020 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So, it appears that Ally says it is a Quicken issue and Quicken says it is an Ally issue? Hmm... I guess we are back to square one :#
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Has Quicken said its an Ally issue @quick2020 ? Must have missed that. Where did you see that?

•  quick2020
    quick2020 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Bob. I have not seen that Quicken has owned the issue and provided an ETA. Maybe I missed it.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken never provides ETA's that I have EVER seen. On any issue. And not owning the cause of the issue is not the same as blaming Ally. Of course, it could be either's issue right now. We do not know for sure. But the fact that Ally fails with other software leads me to believe it is on their side.

•  quick2020
    quick2020 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Bob. I am going to start using the IBM system - It's Better Manually :)
  •  quick2020
    quick2020 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded the qfx file using a custom date range and opened it - it worked fine. Good enough for now.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

actually there is another… don't forget that the EWC+ downloading is performed by a 3rd party proxy server run by Intuit…

Quicken <—→ Intuit server ←-> ALLY server

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ed Perry
    Ed Perry Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today (2/27/23) attempted connection to AllyBank failed, with error message CC-800.
    Pressed "Fix it" and Quicken said it was fixed. But it wasn't. Went through that loop again.
    Then the circle with a line through it icon showed up in the account list with tooltip "Quicken is unable to update your account. Click here to add your account again."
    So I clicked, and ended up in the similar infinite loop of Quicken wanted login credentials, then getting the prompt to enter my 2FA, then Quicken wants login credentials again and complains that a popup or notice on the website needs my attention. I login to my account. No such popup or anything that needs my attention. The website has been redesigned, though...
    Using Express Web Connect. Sent problem report to Quicken.
  • BillQ
    BillQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same Ally problem as everyone else! Not working since 2/21
    It ought to take Quicken about 10 minutes to fix this but per usual they refuse to do the right thing and let customers back out the latest untested fixes they put on our systems..
    It's the same 'who cares' approach they've been using for the last few years. Pretty pathetic.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A few bad assumptions there:

It may be an Ally issue, not Quiicken

It is NOT a result of a Quicken software update. Could be an internal change talking to aggregator - we will never know - but not a result of an update on your computer.

I'll agree that updates are poorly tested before thrown out to us to test, but not for the Ally issue.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, Ally issue Day 7

• AaronInTexas
    AaronInTexas Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > Thank you!

same here. standing by until there is a resolution.
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem since 2/21. One interesting qwirk. I found if I go to the ALLY account and update from there I get the “send code” popup. However, if I click on “cancel” quicken finishes the update? Hope this helps with killing this bug.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not quite the same for me trying Cancel. After the update I get this message:

• rbeau17a
    rbeau17a Member ✭✭
    Options
    Waiting fr update
  • Bill hancock
    Bill hancock Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Would someone fix this
    [Removed - No Soliciting]
  • schlegal1
    Options
    Same for several days on Mac. Though the code I get is Error FDP-108 ( End user action required at the third party site). There are no prompts or requirements in the Ally site and I can sign in there normally.
  • DaisyDoo
    DaisyDoo Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Bob. said:
    > Totally disagree. How can they be “exactly” right when the focus of the message is a new popup at the site that does not exist? Perhaps a new authentication is required, and broken, but the diagnosis and FAQ remedies are incorrect. There is no message, window, popup, etc that needs to be dealt with.

Actually, there is a new popup that does occur after the initial round of 2FA. I used an alternate browser to login to Ally's website and it presented the 2FA where it sent a code that I then entered. This worked correctly just as it does on Quicken. Ally's site then presents a new screen asking if this new source of access, a browser in this case but would be Quicken's servers in the issue at hand, is a trusted source and if it should be added to the listed of trusted browsers. Quicken is not equipped to process this request. Now, whether the ultimate fix is on Quicken or Ally remains to be seen. I suspect that they need to coordinate so that Quicken's servers are given global trust to Ally's login process.
This discussion has been closed.