Ally Bank with 2FA and then CC-508 ? (edit)

Options

Answers

• effjayess
    effjayess Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Rsta said:
    > From what I've seen, there is nothing that tracks cash, credit card, and investments. Microsoft Money was just as good until MS dropped it.

You can probably find the install for Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe floating around somewhere. If we have to manually download and import files, might as well use that and not pay Quicken every year.
  • Hos
    Hos Member
    Options
    Given that multiple products are having issues with Ally per this thread I would agree that the issue is on ALLY side, I chatted with ALLY support and was told the following

ALLY: "Our IT teams were engaged with this issue on 02/23/23. They are looking into the issue but there is no turnaround time as to when the issue could be fixed. We believe there could be a workaround with having your security code feature reset. However, you would have to call into ALLY for assistance."

Has anyone tried this? Has it made the situation it better or worse?
  • MeToo
    MeToo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just adding one more report of the same issue just in case the number of people impacted by the issue helps accelerate the resolution. Yes, I know, kidding myself... B)
  • joezar1
    joezar1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I assume Intuit knows of our Ally download issue. Does anyone have the contact info of technical support for ally? I want to make sure they formally know.
    Thanks,
    Joe
  • wocker
    wocker Member
    Options
    Same here. I have had the same problem with Ally bank, for at least a week. Quicken seems to think its an Ally problem, but please, a communication problem should be owned by both parties.
  • TomQ
    TomQ Member
    Options
    Regarding CC-508, I spoke to Ally Bank Tech Support, and was told that they are aware, and anticipate that the problem will be fixed by tomorrow, 3/2/2023
  • kstyrsky
    kstyrsky Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @TomQ said:
    > Regarding CC-508, I spoke to Ally Bank Tech Support, and was told that they are aware, and anticipate that the problem will be fixed by tomorrow, 3/2/2023

Very hopeful this will be the case! Me, and at least seven pages of others experiencing the same issue. Thanks for taking the time and energy to engage with Ally Tech Support!!
  • Duckduckgoose
    Options
    Given most of us pay annually for a subscription, I hope Quicken is taking these types of errors seriously by responding quickly and investing in the folks it needs to resolve these types of issues.
  • tbrandvold
    tbrandvold Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @TomQ said:
    > Regarding CC-508, I spoke to Ally Bank Tech Support, and was told that they are aware, and anticipate that the problem will be fixed by tomorrow, 3/2/2023

Issue was not fixed for me this morning. Same error messages.
  • aposner
    aposner Member
    Options
    Same problem here!
  • vital411
    vital411 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone been able to at least manually import transactions? I disconnected the Web Connect and have tried 100 times to manually import but it fails for various reasons from doing nothing all the way to "Quicken is unable to complete your request" OL-220-A errors.
  • bumgarb
    bumgarb Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same problem for the last couple weeks.
  • dwan
    dwan Member ✭✭
    Options
    No improvement here. Thanks.
  • HarMac
    HarMac Member
    Options
    Same problem with Quicken for Mac. It is 3/2/23 and still not fixed
  • shskeen1
    shskeen1 Member
    Options
    Team,
    This isn't only a Quicken issue. Its an issue with all Intuit products, including Mint and Quickbooks.
  • jyeganeh
    jyeganeh Member ✭✭
    Options
    To hearken back to the days of the Iranian hostage crisis that lasted 444 days...

Customers Held Hostage: Day 9!
  • smono57
    smono57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had Ally Bank customer service on the phone regarding a different issue (not being able to add existing beneficiaries to accounts), so I asked them about this Quicken issue. The person I spoke with said they don't have an ETA to get this fixed, but they are working to get it resolved. They are aware of all the people waiting for this fix. :) The beneficiary issue has been opened for weeks and it sounds like they haven't made much progress. I would lower expectations on getting this Quicken issue resolved today.
  • DoTheMath
    DoTheMath Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yet another broken update... Very frustrating. I spend more time figuring out what's wrong with quicken than actually using the dang thing...
  • greenperro
    greenperro Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's 645p Eastern time and it seems to be working for me again.
  • bumgarb
    bumgarb Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @greenperro said:
    > It's 645p Eastern time and it seems to be working for me again.

Thanks! It just worked for me too.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It just screwed me up horribly. Beside myself horribly. It uodated one accoiunt. Then deleted another and replaced it with new and then totally screwed up my checking account with transfers and a big chunk missing. Trying to sort through now.

• wcaritj
    wcaritj Member ✭✭
    Options
    5PM MST problem seems to be fixed
  • s.houchen
    s.houchen Member
    Options
    Queue 200 people saying "me too"...
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Works for me too @ 16:09 PST

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, it deleted one account and created a new replacement. In doing that, it deboted the funding from my bak checking when it really came from my bank's savings. So that fixed that by editing the transactions.

BUT - it now has 2 Ally's in OSU and one updates and the other does not. One is the bank numbers, one my email address. i think I have to deactivate and reactivate to get all working.

So much angst and work to make things whole again. Glad no one else seems to be getting this mucked.

• JoelVP
    JoelVP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Worked for me, hallelujah!
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You may donate to your favorite charity.

And please remember this experience when it happens again.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, all balances fine and after Resetting one account, they all update. But one thing has changed that I do not understand:

I have two Ally accounts. Always been Express Web Connect, but before this issue, OSUI showed one update to Ally bank. Now the Money Market in OSU is by the Ally Bank number, and the update for Savings is under an email address. As if Quicken thinks there are two different Ally banks.

Could this be a problem?? I am try to think how. And if so, how to fix?

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me. Still get the message that a password change is required on the Ally site (but it's not.)

This discussion has been closed.