Ally Bank with 2FA and then CC-508 ? (edit)

Answers

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Strangely - I manage two quicken files with associated Ally accounts - one for us and one for my parents.  My parents file does NOT get these errors (no 2FA or cc-508).  Not sure why these would interact differently?
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue for the last couple of days. Just got off the phone with Ally with no solution. Sure hope they get it fixed soon. I have deactivated my Quicken for Ally. Hope that doesn't become a problem as well.
  • tbrandvold
    tbrandvold Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as everybody else. I realize i'm not adding any value, it just makes me feel better to join the misery. I hope they get this fixed soon. Have a great weekend.
  • Mitchell Vardeman
    Mitchell Vardeman Member ✭✭✭

Also occurring for me in Quicken for Windows.

• senequier
    senequier Member ✭✭
    Once again quicken is slower as a snail. With all the money they are getting from their subscriber this is scandalous. A competitor must emerge so they can be put to sleep!
  • kon21
    kon21 Member ✭✭
    I don't believe this is a Quicken issue. I have Ally connected to two other apps (via Plaid) and both are not working since 2/21. Looks like Ally changed something on their end.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

When you say “connected” @kon21 , you don't mean linked to another bank account, but another app like Quicken that talks to Ally? I am not familiar with plaid and curious what other apps talk to Ally. And maybe why.

• kon21
    kon21 Member ✭✭
    > @"Bob." said:
    > When you say “connected” @kon21 , you don't mean linked to another bank account, but another app like Quicken that talks to Ally? I am not familiar with plaid and curious what other apps talk to Ally. And maybe why.

Hi Bob, I use a debit card app, I have it linked to Ally to make transfers to keep a balance on the card. that has stopped working as well. Plaid is a service to connect your app to a banking institution. So far both of my apps have stopped working with Ally while other banks that use the same linking system work fine. Sure seems like an issue at Ally and not Quicken.
  • It is now three days since I have been able to link Ally Bank to Quicken. I have no problem doing a manual download to each account and the + section shows 12 accounts I have with Ally are linked - But they are not. All attempts to enter User Name and Password fail. Am I alone here - Quicken apple version
  • Same here. Quicken Premier R47.15
  • Jodi04
    Jodi04 Member ✭✭
    I have been connecting to Ally Bank for years until just yesterday. CC508 error. There is no pop up page, or message. I called Quicken support today and they had me deactivate, delete cookies, etc.. When trying to add Ally, same error. Quicken told me to contact Ally, but I truely think this is Quicken's issue.
  • Charles Dong
    Charles Dong Member ✭✭
    Unable to connect to Ally. See the image
  • Charles Dong
    Charles Dong Member ✭✭
    Saying there is a new page or pop up on ally web site. I can log into account from browser.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

it's a new error as of Feb 22 - there is also an ALERT on the forum -
    and of course, everyone posting in this thread…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• paulb1234
    paulb1234 Member ✭✭
    I've had no problems connecting with Ally Bank for years, until Feb 22. I keep getting a request to enter an OTP sent to my cell phone, which I've done two dozen times over a three day period, and I end up a with a CC-508 error. I did everything in this article and none of it helped:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-508

I also deactivated the online services for Ally Bank and then set it up again. Still no update but Quicken displayed a message that perhaps Ally wants me to read an updated agreement (been a Ally customer for many years and I didn't receive any messages from them to sign any agreements). So I called Ally customer service and was told Ally Tech Support said "We don't support Quicken anymore." What?! WTF was my reply and although I threatened to withdraw ALL OF MY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, they didn't care. Same answer. What did Quicken do to make them so mad? I'm not sure who to be more mad at...Ally or Quicken. Anyone else solved this problem?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

There are two threads - one for QWin and one for QMac - along with a Forum Alert -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭

Someone reported in another thread that they talked to someone in technical support at Ally who told them that Ally has eliminated Quicken access with their latest security update, and that it will not be returning. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, I'll be closing my Ally account.

• jsilipo3
    jsilipo3 Member
    I have the same issues as listed above, its been 3 days for the same stuff. Cannot download transactions from Ally. Which as worked for years, now its non functional. Either Quicken or Ally made a change to the interface and they can't talk to each other anymore. I have been a quicken user since it first came out, but these problems make it not worth it anymore.
  • I called Ally and the representative reached out to their IT people. She told me that it is a "known issue" and "they are working on it." She said they would not say when the issue would be resolved.
  • kon21
    kon21 Member ✭✭
    > @Dave in SF said:
    > Someone reported in another thread that they talked to someone in technical support at Ally who told them that Ally has eliminated Quicken access with their latest security update, and that it will not be returning. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, I'll be closing my Ally account.

It's more than just Quicken access, all Plaid connections used by apps are also broken when trying to connect to Ally.
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭

Ally responded to my message: “we are aware of the issue and actively working to have it resolved.”

along with what seems like boilerplate for setting up an Ally account in Quicken which I won't repeat here.

• thom
    thom Member ✭✭
    Glad to see I'm in good company. Just for the record, me too!
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭

It's not just Mac. same problem in Quicken for Windows. Quicken says Ally requires 2FA, I tell it to have Ally send me a code, I get the code, enter it in Quicken and it just fails. After that I get a CC-508 in the Update Summary telling me “Your financial institution's website has a new page or pop-up window that needs your response.” Problem is, I already responded!

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

It “appears” their maintenance is done as phone app back working, but still broken in Quicken. So either they do not intend to fix this or this is a separate issue coincidental with planned maintenance and they have not solved it yet. From what Ally has told other Quicken users, could be either.

• CurtisTx
    CurtisTx Member
    Same Issue
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭

This issue continues this morning… Interesting that I maintain 2 data files (mine and my parents). My Parents' file downloads from Ally just fine (no errors), but on ours we get the 2FA notification and then the cc-508 error.

• rclksr
    rclksr Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with my 9 Ally accounts. I am using a Windows version R47.15 build 27.1.47.15 I waited for the Ally update to complete and yet I still have this issue. I am calling Ally now, but being Saturday I assume their tech support is gone for the weekend. I'll update this if I get updated information from Ally.
  • Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭✭
    What would I do with my time if I didn't have a QUICKEN issue to try to resolve? I, too, have the same issue which persists after the Ally update at 2AM. And this morning I am receiving a similar error from both of my Capital One connections (Capital One 360 and Capital One Bank - New). Lord, have mercy.
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    > @Jack said:
    > What would I do with my time if I didn't have a QUICKEN issue to try to resolve? ...... Lord, have mercy.

I feel the same way! Seem like there's something new blowing up every week or two :)
  • ct_q
    ct_q Member ✭✭
    Ditto... CC-508 with Ally. Sent in logs through the software as well
This discussion has been closed.