Ally Bank with 2FA and then CC-508 ? (edit)

Answers

• WM-2021
    WM-2021 Member ✭✭
    Just starting having this issue on 2/22/23 as well. Tried again this morning to disconnect and reconnect my quicken connection to Ally which resulted in an endless loop where I keep getting request for login info and 2FA code back and forth. Seems like a lot of problems with Ally the past few months.
  • paulb1234
    paulb1234 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Ps56k2, for the lead.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Multiple warnings not to reset above.

• lkalmus
    lkalmus Member ✭✭
    Q asks where to send verifying code after login attempt. I respond and get the code on my phone and enter it. Q seems to be proceeding correctly but login fails. This becomes a big failure loop after trying this several times. I wound up downloading transactions to import directly.
    I reset the login in Q but that didn't help. What do I do now? This is really unacceptable.
  • paulb1234
    paulb1234 Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Ally told me on 2/24 "We don't support Quicken anymore." Oh yeah? Well then I don't support Ally anymore. I'm going to wait until next week and if this issue is not resolved, I'm moving my Ally deposits to Synchrony Bank (synchronybank.com). I've had an account with them for years, and I'm having NO problems with Quicken with them. Not only that...I just noticed their interest rate on their savings acct is 3.75% (as of 2/25/23) versus 3.4% at Ally. I'm voting with my money against Ally. Maybe, if all of us unhappy Ally customers move our money to Synchrony or somewhere else, Ally will get the message. One can hope...
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭

I can't leave well enough alone. I deactivated download for my Ally accounts. Then tried to set it up again. This gave me CC-508 with a little more verbage. But there is still nothing I can find in Ally's website for authorizing Quicken access. That's what needs to happen. Give it a few days to get straightened out. We saw this movie with Charles Schwab last year.

• System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Ally Bank with 2FA and FDP-108 (QMAC).
  • 2/25/23 - Exact same problem. Tried everything to reset the connection. Quick says there is some popup or something at the ally website that I need to deal with which there is not.
  • Moondoggy_1
    Moondoggy_1 Member ✭✭✭

I have 2 accounts (one logonid) at Ally Bank that I manage through Quicken. Today, for the first time, I received a prompt from Quicken telling me that Ally has a new requirement to log on. Now, while attempting to download my Ally transactions to the two accounts, a promt appears asking me to confirm the last 4 digits of my cell phone. I confirm my phone number and then Quiken promts me for the SMS code sent by Ally and when the code arives I enter it. Quicken then clocks a bit and then the logon cycle begins over and over again and it doesn't matter how many time I confirm my cell phone or enter a new 6 digit code, I never get a balance update. Has anyone else encountered this and found a work around? I sent a complaint in to Ally but I have a hunch that Ally is going to say that it's a Quicken problem and then Quicken is going to say it's an ALLy problem.

• Jw.sydor
    Jw.sydor Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem.
  • kon21
    kon21 Member ✭✭
    > @rclksr said:
    > 2/25/23- I just hung up with Ally Tech support. They told me that Quicken performed a major update to their software/systems. That update was not compatible with Ally's systems/ software. They said they are working on a fix to work with the quicken update. I questioned them about a Quicken user being told that Ally will no longer be supporting Quicken, and they assured me that was false. Unfortunately they do not have an ETA as to when there will be a fix in place.

I don't believe this is a Quicken issue. I have two other apps that use Plaid to link with Ally and they both stopped working that the same time.
  • Jw.sydor
    Jw.sydor Member ✭✭
    Here's a fresh comment from Ally Bank Chat:

"I'm truly sorry for any concern this may have caused, this issue has been identified and is currently being worked on. Sadly at this time, there is no known resolution. A work around for the time being is to download your transaction history on your Online Profile and manual save the file as a Quicken File."
  • Jw.sydor
    Jw.sydor Member ✭✭
    I will wait a day or two and try again.
  • I have been having this for a few days?
  • Same issue
  • paulb1234
    paulb1234 Member ✭✭
    > @rclksr said:
    > 2/25/23- I just hung up with Ally Tech support. They told me that Quicken performed a major update to their software/systems. That update was not compatible with Ally's systems/ software. They said they are working on a fix to work with the quicken update. I questioned them about a Quicken user being told that Ally will no longer be supporting Quicken, and they assured me that was false. Unfortunately they do not have an ETA as to when there will be a fix in place.

I'm happy to hear this rclksr! Just to be clear...it was a Ally customer service rep who put me on hold for 5 minutes while she consulted with Ally Tech Support, and came back and told me Ally Tech Support said "We don't support Quicken anymore." I didn't make this up. When I complained and pressed the issue, she repeated it. Twice more before I hung up. So Ally customer service needs to work on their communications with customers and get their policy straight.
  • havelina
    havelina Member
    I called Ally and they changed their login procedure on their website. Ally is investigating. 'triaging' was what the customer service rep said. At least both Ally and Quicken are aware.
  • Rsta
    Rsta Member ✭✭✭

If thy didn;t have a monopoly on a complete home/business financial software solution we would not have to tolerate this

• Louis Matarazzo
    Louis Matarazzo Member ✭✭✭

Same here with Ally Bank

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭

They don't have a monopoly, they just have the best product with the biggest market share.

I have been using Quicken since 1984… next year will mark 40 years! During that time there have numerous competitors. Indeed, there are several competitors out there now. I have tried many of them, because Quicken's many problems have often made me wish for something better. But I've never found anything that met my needs other than Quicken.

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    This happened to me several days ago. I could not log into Ally at all. A CSR told me that they had a system problem. Today I could change my Ally password and log in. I tried to update the info in Quicken and Quicken had a text sent to my phone which is a landline so I cannot now use Quicken with Ally Bank.

This seems to be a problem with Quicken. When Ally needs to send a code there is an option for voice or text. Quicken seems to be using the phone listed with Ally but no option for voice call.
  • jeff2r
    jeff2r Member ✭✭
    Me too. Also, "Anja," the year is 2023, not 2022.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Is this totally different than the existing 2FA and then Error CC-508 ?

https://community.quicken.com/activity/2535938/mark-read-and-redirect?transientKey=KH7iDlvn5w8SAPIx

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JC18
    JC18 Member
    I have the same problem. Quicken claims that Ally is requiring MFA. An MFA code is generated from Ally, but Quicken does not honor it claiming that a password change is required to access the Ally site. Ally does not require me to change my password. I can login to their banking site from either a web browser or mobile device, as normal, without the MFA requirement. This is a Quicken API issue.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken's lack of urgency to solve these issues is mind-numbing.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭

The fact that many of you refuse to see that this will be fixed soon enough, is what's mind-numbing to me.

Maybe I have used Quicken too long (24 years now). These things happen.

• PhanTOM
    PhanTOM Member ✭✭
    Error CC-508. Same problem, here. We need an alternative to Quicken. As another person said, "It's always something with Quicken."
  • ljkeryc
    ljkeryc Member
    yes, same issue here. I logged an errot report with Quicken and sent a message to Ally. I hope this creates more visibility to the issue. I see on my homepage at the top of the screen there is a new banner with a button looking for me to open a new account. Not sure when this was created. I don't login to Ally that often. I think this is causing Quicken to be unhappy.
  • dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭

Sadly, same issue for me as well. Typical Quicken - wish that there was an alternative.

This discussion has been closed.