Scheduled split transactions from Quicken Mobile missing categories on entry in register

Gautam Tupil
Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭

I have noticed since the last 2 months or so that any scheduled transactions (Bills & Income) with split transactions and existing categories are entered in the register of Quicken Mobile/Quicken Desktop with no categories and only showing the total amount. The workaround is for me to manually re-enter the split categories in either the quicken mobile or quicken desktop transaction.

Can you please take a look and fix it. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello @Gautam Tupil,

Thanks for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 
    Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭

I reset my cloud account and the problem still persists. I ran some test transactions and noticed that if I enter a split transaction on Quicken desktop then it syncs perfectly with Quicken mobile. However, if I enter a split transaction in Quicken Mobile and sync it with Quicken desktop then the category is blank (uncategorized). The total amount and payee is fine. So, the issue appears to be one way - Quicken Mobile ——> Quicken Desktop.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2023

Hello @Gautam Tupil,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps have failed so far, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭

Hello @Quicken Jasmine,

Followed the instructions to sync by manually resetting my cloud account. Tried a test split transaction and syncing from Quicken Mobile (QM) ——> Quicken Desktop (QD). Transaction shows up on QD with total amount but no category (uncategorized). Split transaction from QD ——> QM shows up correctly with total amount and split categories in QM.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Gautam Tupil,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community and trying the previous troubleshooting instructions provided by Jasmine, though we are sorry to hear that the issue continues to persist.

At this point, we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.