Why do "Last Payment" column dates change to today's date?

The discussion title says it all. This only happens to the transactions that have been Entered, instead of Quick Pay.

Isn't this a misinformation?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    The discussion title says it all. This only happens to the transactions that have been Entered, instead of Quick Pay.

Isn't this a misinformation?
    Hello "Robert Armani",  

Thank you for inquiring about the Last Payment Column here on the Quicken Community.

Do you mean that the transactions are changing dates after you've entered them? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Hi "Quicken Jared",

Thank you for your response. Here's the image that you requested.
    The date of the payment was 2/6/2023. However, it shows today's date because every time I open the program it updates those days to today's date. As you can see in the image.
  • Hello @Robert Armani ,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Robert Armani

Thank you Quicken Jasmine for the suggestion, but it didn't work. As soo as I had opened the program the dates were already changed to today's date. Running the Validation [which I do periodically] has become a scary thing already. Every time I run Validate File, it messes up the database, deletes things like transactions & categories, etc. Then it takes me hours just to get it back to normal.

I'm sorry to say but this program is not as stable as it used to be many years ago. We just use it with hopes of it getting better one day. Every time they fix/add something they break something else that causes a lot of damage.

Anyways, thank you for trying.

Have a nice day.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Hello @Robert Armani ,

We are sorry about this problem with date information continuing to change. Thank you for letting us know about your results from earlier troubleshooting.

Given the nature of this issue, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Robert Armani

Thank you Quicken Jared for the info. I will contact support. Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.