"Update Now" Button for Some Rockland Trust Accounts Greyed Out

I have three online accounts with Rockland Trust (checking, savings, and money market). The Update Now button for two of the accounts (savings and money market) is greyed out and I am unable to receive transactions. The third account (checking) works fine. I tried deactivating and activating, deactivating and adding as new, restarting Quicken several times, but nothing seems to work. The accounts have 6 years of transactions which I do not want to lose. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2023

Hello @garydidio,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

First, I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.
    Please follow the steps below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• garydidio
    garydidio Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jasmine. I did as you suggested, but the problem persists as described in my original message.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited February 2023

Hello @garydidio,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• garydidio
    garydidio Member ✭✭
    That worked! Thank you.
  • garydidio
    garydidio Member ✭✭
    Actually, the Update Now button is now enabled, but transactions are not downloading. I noticed there was a message advising the connection method needed to upgraded to Direct Connect for the financial institution (Rockland Trust). I sent a message to them and will see what comes back.
  • Hello @garydidio,

I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve the original issue.

As for the transactions not downloading, are there new posted transactions on the bank's end that should be downloading? Is the account showing up to date in Quicken as far as balance and transactions go? Did you receive the message regarding switching to Direct Connect from within Quicken? Would you mind providing a screenshot of the message that you received? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• garydidio
    garydidio Member ✭✭
    None of my bank transactions since November 2022 have been downloaded from the two accounts. The Direct Connect message is coming from Quicken. Attached is a screen shot.
  • garydidio
    garydidio Member ✭✭
    Good morning!

I was able to successfully download new transactions from all three accounts this morning. Everything appears to be working. Thank you for your assistance!
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @garydidio,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.