I’m having to do two-factor authentication again every day with Golden 1 Credit Union

I’m having to do two-factor authentication again every day with Golden 1 Credit Union now. G1CU’s website can remember my browser and not require this every time I log in; why can’t it remember my Quicken application? This was an ongoing problem for about 8 months, then it was resolved in December and worked fine up until 2 days ago. Please fix so I don't have to query MFA code for several accounts before downloading transactions!

Comments

• Steady Red
    Steady Red Member ✭✭
    I noticed the same issue. I'm incredible to believe it's taking Quicken so long to resolve this issue.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Same here. The problem went a way for a merciful couple of weeks, and now it is back again.

Quicken: Please fix this and keep it from getting un-fixed again.
  • bthrock
    bthrock Windows Beta Beta
    Yup, it's broken again.
  • Sactomojo
    Sactomojo Member
    Yes. I am too. Very annoying. I guess the fact that the system has been so slow factors in as to why once again we have to get verification codes. The question is who is to blame?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja,

I have submitted several problem reports. I am also complaining daily to Golden 1 Credit Union. How long will it take to get this fixed again?
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja: This is very confusing. For months and months on end last year, you were posting weekly updates to say that this issue was being worked on. Then suddenly in December, the issue went away and so did your updates. Now the issue has arisen again, and we've brought it to your attention again, but suddenly Quicken has gone silent, with no updates. Please explain what is going on with this issue.
  • Steady Red
    Steady Red Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @PMW You are correct. I have the same issue and have submitted reports. @Quicken Anja we are terribly disappointed in Quicken's ability to correct these issues or at the very least be communicate clearly and effectively what the issue is and how it is being resolved. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2023
    Hello All, 

To clarify; this issue was originally reported as resolved and the Alert was then archived. Since the issue has now resurfaced, it has been reforwarded to the proper channels to open a new investigation. In order for our teams to properly investigate and open a new Alert, new logs are being requested as previously stated in my prior response. Without new problem report submissions, our teams cannot effectively reinvestigate this issue reoccurring.

An update will be provided if/when further information or details has been received.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    Yep, me too...the issue was resolved for me for a few weeks, then the latest Quicken for Mac program update (w/"Enhanced Download Window/Reporting" caused the issue to return. Ongoing need to enter the "2-factor SMS code" every time I download transactions. Will submit a "Problem Report" if you thing my additional log files will help. Thanks.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja Is there any update on this matter? I have been submitting daily problem reports to Quicken as well as daily complaints to Golden 1, and neither entity is offering any explanation or updates. It would be nice to know what is going on with this problem, and why it is taking so long to resolve. Thank you.
  • vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    Having same problem with Tdbank, would not be so bad if the popup window could be accessed so I didn't have to abort quicken during the daily scheduled update.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja Would it be possible to get an update on this matter? We're approaching 10 months of this problem (less the two weeks in December when it miraculously but temporarily went away) and I am curious to know why.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Finally this morning I received the first piece of helpful information from Golden 1 Credit Union, after months and months of complaining. They informed me, via their "secure messages" system, as follows:

"We realize this situation has been inconvenient and we genuinely understand your frustration. As mentioned in our previous message, the ticket associated to multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Quicken was escalated by our manager. We can report MFA was re-implemented due to a significant influx of fraudulent activity. We worked with our partner vendor to devise a more secure protocol which allows our member to bypass the MFA on each login. Our partner vendor is in communication with Quicken to discuss the new protocol and establish a more user-friendly experience. At this time, we do not have an estimated resolution date, once we do you will be notified."

To quote Danny Kaye in White Christmas: "Well, it's not good, but it's a reason."
  • Steady Red
    Steady Red Member ✭✭
    @PMW Thanks for taking the time to pursue this issue and provide an update to the community that at least has some explanation about what's been going on! Clearly Quicken doesn't care enough to provide this type of feedback/honest communication to its paying customers after months of complaints.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja Would it be possible to have an update from Quicken on this matter? Golden 1 Credit Union says their "partner vendor" is "in communication with Quicken" about this matter. What kind of communication? For how long? When will there be a resolution?
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    As of today Quicken/Golden 1 CU downloads are completely broken...I was optimistic today when I saw new errors in a new window design and was asked to "reconnect" my G1 accounts...went thru the log-in procedure with the "3rd Part Aggregator" (Intuit??) and got a "no accounts found" error. So no downloads possible at all now even with entering 2-factor SMS codes every time! Getting worse Quicken, please fix!
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Golden 1 downloads are broken. Golden 1 website suggests this is due to a problem on their end? Anyone having success today downloading?
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    This morning I am having the same experience as @Brian D. and @Boobndoob : downloads are completely broken for Golden 1 Credit Union.

@Quicken Anja @Quicken_Tyka @Quicken Sarah @Quicken Colin @Quicken Jared or anybody who is listening from Quicken: Can we please have an update on this issue that has been affecting Golden 1 Credit Union accounts for, according to my records, nearly a year now?
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Still unable to update my Golden 1 accounts. There is a new message on the Golden 1 website apologizing for issues associated with "system maintenance." A bit different than yesterday's message, but the end result is the same :-(
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    @Boobndoob I really hope that “system maintenance” is what turns out to be the solution that resolves the ongoing MFA problem…

Would be nice to have an update from Quicken, too. The radio silence on this longstanding issue is troubling.
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    @PNW I doubt it. The MFA issue isn't something that is broken, per se, but a deliberate attempt by the Golden 1 CU to minimize fraudulent online access. Other banks, Chase & Bank of America, for example, handle this in a much more streamlined manner, at least from the user's point of view. I don't know if their techniques result in less fraud, though.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Well, Golden 1 has claimed that their vendor was working with Quicken to produce a better user experience, and has told me several times that they have an “open ticket” for this. I have complained repeatedly and loudly through multiple channels that sacrificing user experience for security concerns is unacceptable, and the “member advocate” I have spoke with assured me that they understand and agree. So they are telling me, at least, that they recognize that something is “broken” here—whether the engineers would call it broken I do not care in the slightest: user experience ought to be paramount. So I would expect at some point there will need to be “maintenance” or an “update” to resolve this issue. The only thing keeping me from spending more time today tearing into people at G1CU is my faint hope that this is a sign of the end of the road.
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    @pnw, that's good to hear that they are actually working on the MFA issue. Call me jaded, perhaps, but I am doubtful that the recent connectivity issues between Quicken and Golden 1 are due to efforts to address the MFA issue. I would love to be wrong, however!
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Everyone...(@PMW @Boobndoob )...hopefully now that The Golden 1 is "fully involved" and posting online "updates" (updates not that useful/specific to Quicken) everything may be OK after Golden 1 gets done tweaking? Fingers crossed...still broken as of 9pm PST on 03-6-2023.
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    I was able to update my Golden 1 accounts this morning. Still required MFA for the 2 accounts that I track, but at least I was able to update again
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Same for me.

So, Quicken, can we have an update on the MFA issue, please?
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    Yep, same here...back to "the new normal" of the last 7 months. Since I tried "reconnecting" my G1 accounts yesterday w/o luck, I had to re-do the accounts today to get back to the "new normal"...that procedure required entering SMS codes twice! Have never seen so many "SMS code texts" in my life! 😖
  • Ferral
    Ferral Member ✭✭

I just now did a one step update and did not have to enter an MFA code for Golden1. Just wondering if that was a fluke or is it working for anyone else? I have been in the same boat as others where it was not working right for months, then briefly worked, then went back to requiring a code every time. I'm hoping this time its fixed for real. Fingers crossed!

• PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    @Ferral It must have been a fluke. I had to do MFA yesterday, and I had to do it again this morning.
This discussion has been closed.