Checking Deposit copy/paste with split transactions disappears

Options

Win10 Quicken Home R48.9 subscription. No matter how many times I copy/paste a checking account deposit with split transactions from one date to a new date and make tweaks to the values, they disappear. They stay on the screen until I scroll off. Then gone.

Verified weren't somewhere else by printing transaction report against the 3 different payee names the bank uses. Also by Searching google and this site troubleshooting doesn't help. I've checked filters and the many things suggested. Lost a lot of hours last 2 days trying to straighten out.

I download bank transactions every month or so since I use as a fancy register for personal tax items. Since the bank deposit transaction doesn't split, I then do the above. This behavoir began in Dec 2022 and is still ongoing. Even when I pasted the same copied one today (no downloaded bank tranactions), behaves the same. Even updated Quicken today. Even did a supervalidation. Completely out of ideas.

With my work schedule, it may be next weekend before I can get on the forum again.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TNCritterKeeper,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this happening only in one account register or is it happening in multiple/all registers? You mentioned this started in December 2022; was there anything that happened around the same time, such as a power outage, power surge, program or computer unexpectedly shutting down, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on the C: drive, or is it on a shared network drive or synced with a cloud drive such as One Drive or Dropbox?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TNCritterKeeper
    Options

Nothing unusual. Just started happening. Files are local to C: drive. Computer sits behind surge supressor. Not synched with any cloud. This checking account is only account it happens to. Is related to copy/paste a split transaction and change the details to what the paper statement says when it comes in. The bank deposit is not split, just a deposit every two weeks. I download the transactions from all subaccounts. This is the only one where I modify the bank downloaded tranaction by copy/paste a prior split one one which is split to replace the bank downloaded original. I have done this for years.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since you mentioned you've already tried a Super Validate and it didn't resolve the problem and this started far enough in the past that restoring a backup from before the issue started may not be an ideal solution, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file. That will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.