Am I missing Custom Currencies in Quicken for Mac?

Options
lava
lava Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I have always used Quicken for bookkeeping related records for my biz, such as auto milage log, and time sheet, kept in seperate data files. With the old old Intuit Quicken I was able to make a custom currency so my reports read "miles", or "hours" but in the recent version I do not see that option. Am I missing it somewhere, or is it not there? I see a long long list of alternate currencies, but no option to enter a custom one.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @lava,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any way to create a custom currency in Quicken for Mac. If you're trying to set it up to show "miles" or "hours" in reports, you could probably use Tags and adjust the report options so it doesn't show the currency symbol. It would look somthing like this in the register:

Reports often don't show Tags by default, so you would click on View, then Categories and select the Tags category.

If it shows the currency symbol, you can turn that off by clicking on View>View Settings, then unchecking that box under Options

That would get the transactions to appear like this in a report:

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @lava,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any way to create a custom currency in Quicken for Mac. If you're trying to set it up to show "miles" or "hours" in reports, you could probably use Tags and adjust the report options so it doesn't show the currency symbol. It would look somthing like this in the register:

Reports often don't show Tags by default, so you would click on View, then Categories and select the Tags category.

If it shows the currency symbol, you can turn that off by clicking on View>View Settings, then unchecking that box under Options

That would get the transactions to appear like this in a report:

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lava
    lava Member
    Options

Thank youo Kristina for that help. Question about turning off currancy symbol: If I do that, will that change across all my data files, or will that be saved with each data file separately?

If it makes the change for all data files then I will need to turn it back on for running reports from my bookkeeping.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Every data file is self-contained and independent of any other data files.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lava
    lava Member
    Options

Kristina said:

"If it shows the currency symbol, you can turn that off by clicking on View>View Settings, then unchecking that box under Options"

Unfortunately when I attempt to access this I get an error mesage saying "Custom Report Veiw Settings requires MacOS v10.15 or later". Unfortunately I am currently trapped in 10.14 by other mission critical software, which thankfully is being updated now, but I will not be able to access this function until my other software moves forward.

This discussion has been closed.