Fidelity Account Name Changed

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN).

Comments

• Adek
    Adek Member ✭✭
    The Fidelity NetBenefits account update started working for me this morning but one of the accounts name have changed.
  • Hello @Adek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  Was there anything that happened prior to the account name changing, such as needing to reconnect the account? If so, I would recommend checking to see if the account was added as new rather than connecting to the existing account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭

It's working, but the whole update process has slowed to a crawl!

• Adek
    Adek Member ✭✭
    Kristina
    Yes. I deactivated Fidelity NetBenefits account a few days back because updating it caused other accounts' updates to malfunction. This morning base on the post from JStew66 "Worked for me this morning for the first time in 2 weeks" I reactivated updates for NetBenefits. During the process of activating the wizard displayed two accounts one linked to existing and one new (I have two accounts with Fidelity) one of them with the old name "401(k) xxxx3454" and another with a new name "Wealthmanagement xxxx5200 as a new account. It was called “401(k) xxxx5200 before. I added it as new account.
    After completing activation all Fidelity accounts and other brokers update properly.
  • Adek
    Adek Member ✭✭
    Forgot to add. After adding "Wealthmanagement xxxx5200" as new account I deleted old “401(k) xxxx5200"
  • Thank you for your reply,

If you deleted the old account and you don't need any of that historical information, then you can rename the new account if you wish. To rename an account, go to Tools>Account List. Click on the Edit button next to the account. On the left, you will see an Account name textbox that lists the current account name. Change the name and click the OK button.

If you need the old account back, you would need to restore a backup from before you deleted the account. You can use this link for directions on how to do that.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.