One Step Update trashing budget settings

For last 2 days doing a one step update is trashing my budget. Categories are dropped from budget and budget amounts are totally changed. Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. If you can, please include the CTP listed below in the title of the problem report.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6291)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• cub22908
    cub22908 Member ✭✭

I have turned sync off and now can do one step update without destroying budget. Seems it is importing a corrupted budget from somewhere when syncing.

• pklocke
    pklocke Member ✭✭✭
    If you look at your PLANNING tab, if you have categories set up, check under each of them for the "Everything Else" category. What I have found is that after recent update from quicken, budget numbers (usually all negative) are being "stuffed" into Everything Else under each budget category. If you look at the images I have attached, you can see the numbers are mostly negative (altho I had one go positive) in these "made up" entries for the Everything Else budgets.

Clearly something got hosed up in recent release. I have now had to go in and "clear" these hokey budgets out to eliminate all the "negative spending" that accumulated.

Testing...Quicken...testing!
  • cub22908
    cub22908 Member ✭✭

That sounds like what happened. I also did the recent release a few days ago just before problem started. I had a recent backup and have turned off sync. All working now and will not turn sync back on until they acknowledge problem is fixed. A lot of work goes into these budgets and it hurts to see it all trashed! Thanks.

• CJ1
    CJ1 Member ✭✭

Same problem. After the most recent release, my budgeted amounts seemed to revert to last year's actual spending, and new amounts appeared in the "Everything Else" subcategory. SO frustrating!

• Xtelshu
    Xtelshu Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023

My 2023 budget has been replaced with my 2022 actuals. It seems like this happened after the last Quicken update. Did anyone else have this happen? And how do I get my 2023 budget back now that I've downloaded transactions since the issue occured? Thanks!

• Hello @Xtelshu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Since you're mentioning actuals, it sounds like you're in the annual view. Does it let you change from 2022 to 2023 by clicking on the arrows to the left of the year?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cdodsonva
    cdodsonva Member ✭✭
    Same problem here.
  • KJinTN
    KJinTN Member

I have a few different budgets, and when I logged in today all of them had reset - the numbers were not what I had entered and had previously been working with. I did NOTHING to select other numbers, I haven't done anything except download new transactions since the last time I worked with my budgets.

Has anyone else had this issue? What causes this?

• I am struggling with similar issues. Is it the One-Step Update, or the Mobile Sync step that results in the budget numbers being corrupted?

• Tharec27
    Tharec27 Member ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. Turning off the cloud sync has resolved it for now as long as I only use the One-Step update option. If I select Cloud Sync then the problem reoccurs. Something was definitely broken during one of the recent updates. Here's to hoping they get this resolved soon along with the Fidelity NetBenefits sync issue.

• Tharec27
    Tharec27 Member ✭✭

You're not alone. See this post. It's explains the most likely culprit.

• Tharec27
    Tharec27 Member ✭✭
    Yes, there are others having this same issue. Please see this post.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7931706/one-step-update-trashing-budget-settings#latest
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. If you can, please include the CTP listed below in the title of the problem report.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6291)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭

After updating to Windows Premier R48.15, after doing a Cloud Sync, some of my budget figures were also reset if not erased; some to what they were some time back. So, I quit doing the cloud sync. Avoila, no more trashing budgets. I am surprised that this was not caught in any testing of the changes to R48.15; if it was tested. 😉

Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Wind_Woman
    Wind_Woman Member ✭✭✭
    I don't cloud sync... thank goodness. However I see strange 'Everything Else' rows in my budget, with transaction history showing items not at all associated with the selected Category. I see them only for future months, not past.

For example, Auto- Everything Else is showing the Net Pay amount associated with a Paycheck-type monthly reminder. Weird! Thank goodness it's not bringing the total into the Budget field itself.

I've always hate the Everything Else programming to begin with. But appears no way around it with my budget grouped by Category Groups and the subcategory's Category sometimes different from it's parent. Oh well. Onward.
  • Kamal Wahbe
    Kamal Wahbe Member

Has Quicken acknowledged this issue? Are they planning to fix it or do we have to recreate the budget. I am having the same issue that is being reported.

• Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭

Kamal,

Please reference the Post of Quicken Jasmine 3 or 4 posts back in this thread.

Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Having the same issue. This clobbered my 2023 budgets.

• ewlricky
    ewlricky Member ✭✭

My 2023 Budget is gone. Trying to restore from backup file. Quicken program is not happy and close to the Blue screen of death

• nosnum
    nosnum Member
    edited April 2023

I just spent an hour with a support person and I am having this same issue. My 2023 budget reverted back to 2022 and this is the second time it happened. It seems that only the current budget is sync'd so if you go back a year in the budget pane and then sync then I was told that this budget (last year) is then sync'd. I did not do this, however, I ONLY ever look at the latest year budget. So, while your local machine has multiple year budgets, apparently only one is in the cloud during sync and it seems there is some issue with picking the wrong one during this process.

I have turned off sync, updated my 2023 values and am just done with the cloud sync and mobile/web use. I have had other issues in the past and while it seems the mobile/cloud stuff has gotten better, still not ready for prime time if you ask me. I find this really appalling to see such simple quality (corruption) issues happening.

[Removed - Rant]

Having to turn off sync until this is solved knee caps all mobile and web use, pretty bad if you ask me.

• CNF5992
    CNF5992 Member

Same issue here. Is there an update from Quicken and a resolution timeframe? Having to disable mobile/web sync is not a long term solution!

This discussion has been closed.