Organize saved reports (Q Mac)

Options
CherylB
CherylB Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I asked Quicken if there were a way to organize saved reports in the "My Reports" list. I'd like to create a folder of Tax Reports and one of Budget Reports. They said this is not possible. O told them that they should design a way to allow users to organize their saved reports in this way. Let's let them know that this is something users would like, so they might work on it. Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @CherylB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

As you said, Quicken for Mac, unfortunately, does not have this feature available right now. 

Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature added in the future, you can add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) and a comment explaining how this idea would benefit you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@CherylB Pleae do vote and comment in the thread referenced by Quicken Anja above. These "Idea" threads are one of the main ways we have to influence the priorities of the development team. (Unfortunately, there are more than 500 feature requests, so it can take a long time for specific features to get built.)

Meanwhile, you can do some grouping in the My Reports section if you rename your reports to group similar reports together. For instance, you mentioned wanting to separate tax reports and budget reports, so you could use a prefix of "T-" and "B-" on report names, to all the B reports would appear together before all the T reports. (You could also use "Tax-" and "Budget-" or simply "1-", "2-", etc.) If you create reports year by year, you could also add the year as a prefix: "T-2023-XYZ Tax Report", so all the tax reports would appear in year order.

I know this isn't as pretty as being able to create custom folders for tyour reports, but it's a way to reasonably organize the mess until Quicken builds a better organizational feature.

P.S. Make sure when you're on the My Reports screen that you click on the Report Name column heading, so the reports will be sorts alphabetically by name.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.