Deleting data from Quicken on the cloud

Des992897
Des992897 Member ✭✭

I don't have an active subscription to Quicken for years, but I just noticed that my financial data is still on the cloud. I did not think about this before I deleted everything from my computer and I can no longer even log into the desktop application. How do I get my private data off the Quicken cloud?

Thanks.

Des.

Best Answer

• Des992897
    Des992897 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you, Kristina. I do appreciate your help! At the time of my wrongly categorised post (apologies!) none of this was available to me without a subscription, which I did not plan to buy. I'm was planning on moving to Wave Accounting, but I renewed my sub to get this done, so I guess I'm staying for a year now. :-)

Thank you again.

Des

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Des992897,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as this may require an escalation with our Tier 2 department.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Des992897
    Des992897 Member ✭✭

Thank you, I'll try that.

• Des992897
    Des992897 Member ✭✭

Jasmine, Quicken apparently does not have a number accessible toll free from Canada, and I understand a very long hold period is to be expected. Bad. Also, the support tech over the Chat tool insists that my data is not stored with Quicken. To clarify, I am using Quicken Home & Business. The tech argued that no data is ever stored by Quicken for this product. Yet, when I download and run the installer, the complete database and all records last entered are fully restored. I must admit, I was confused because I didn't think my data was stored either. So the question is; how does this complete restoration happen? The data, folders and all backups were deleted off my PC 3 years ago. Where is the restored data coming from if it's not on Quicken servers? I did a full search on my hard drive and there's no quicken files of any kind there, so if not the quicken cloud, where is this data being restored from?

• Hello @Des992897,

You posted in the Quicken on the Web section, so just to clarify, are you seeing this in the web companion to Quicken or did you download the program and it pulled up your data in the Windows version of Quicken?

If you are using the Windows version of Quicken and you do not want it syncing your financial information with the Quicken Cloud, you would want to turn it off by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then make sure Sync shows OFF. If it says ON, you can click on it to turn it off.

If you want to make sure you don't have any cloud accounts already synced with the Quicken Cloud, click on Quicken ID & Cloud accounts (bottom option in the preferences menu). If you have anything synced, you will see a Cloud Account Details section with a blue link that says Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#). If you see that link, you can click on it, highlight the cloud account you want to delete, and click the Delete button to remove it. It doesn't let you select in bulk, so if there are more than one, you would need to delete one at a time.

If you're trying to find any Quicken files that may be on your computer or associated devices (removable hard drive and/or a cloud backup/sync service). To see where your current Quicken file (the one its seeing when Quicken loads up) is located, go to File>Show this file on my computer. That will pull up a Windows Explorer window with your file highlighted. To search for other Quicken files, you can go to File>Find Quicken Files. That will bring up a window with a dropdown you can use to switch between your C: drive an any other drives connected to your computer.

I sent you a private message to answer your Question about a toll free number.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Des992897
    Des992897 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you, Kristina. I do appreciate your help! At the time of my wrongly categorised post (apologies!) none of this was available to me without a subscription, which I did not plan to buy. I'm was planning on moving to Wave Accounting, but I renewed my sub to get this done, so I guess I'm staying for a year now. :-)

Thank you again.

Des

• Thank you for your reply,

If you need any further help, feel free to reach out. I moved your post over to the Windows section of the community.

Thank you and welcome back to Quicken!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.