How do I change a transaction from paid, back to due

Richard155
Richard155 Member ✭✭

I mistaking marked a reminder as paid and need to change it back to due. What is the process? Only thing I can find is to delete the transaction and then add it back, this seems cumbersome.

Answers

• Hello @Richard155,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Unfortunately, if you need it to show a status of Due, the simplest way to do that is to delete and recreate the reminder.

That said, if just having it as a future dated transaction in your register would suffice, you can go to the Bills & Income tab, and in the Action column for that reminder, click Enter. That will change the status to Entered and will put the future dated transaction in your register.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Richard155 - If this Reminder is one of a recurring Reminder you can do the following:

1. Delete the Reminder transaction you no longer want in the register.
    2. Go to the next occurence of recurring Reminder and do "Edit this instance and all future instances"
    3. Change the "Due next on date" to the date you want….be sure to select the day of the month that will be the standard for all future Reminders. This will reset the enter recurring Reminder.
    4. Then you can go to the 1st (new) occurrence Reminder and edit just that one to change the date if you wish.

It's not super clean and easy but it is faster and less cumbersome than setting up a whole new Reminder.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.