Quicken Windows [need help with credit card payment transactions]

Options

When I pay my credit card by transfering from my checking, it is not applying the amount to the credit card account. The name of the credit card account is in brackets under category.

Also, after I reconcile the credit card, I am not giving any opions on paying it. It just closes.

What am I missing? Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Mistymossy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Are these transactions you are putting in manually, or are they downloading from the financial institution? Do you have Transfer Detection turned on (Edit>Preferences>Transfer detection)?

It is highly likely that the two issues are related; if it doesn't see that checking account as the payment account for the credit card, then that would be why its not giving you the option to pay after the reconcile is complete.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How about a screenshot of the transaction in the checking account? Fuzz out any personal information, but be sure to show the category.

If you right-click on that transaction, is "Go To matching transfer" clickable (not greyed out) as shown in this image?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.