Nissan Finance can't find account and can't create manual account [Edited]

I see this is a known issue for other banks, wantto add Nissan Financing to the list. Addtionally, I am attempting to enter the loan manually and I can't get pastthe automatic reminder. I have slected the bank account for withdrawal multiple times and hit NEXT. THe scren resets and I can not complete the loan account.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply,

Since a backup wouldn't be a viable option, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @Michelle U,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What exact error message and/or error code are you getting? If you are getting a CC-501 error, we do already have a Community Alert for that issue. If you are encountering a different issue, please provide more detail so we can better assist.

When creating a manual account, you said you're getting stuck at the Loan Reminder screen? Are you able to provide a screenshot (with personal info blurred or obscured) of what is happening? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Michelle U
    Michelle U Member

thank you. Printscreens attached. After I hit next on Screenshot #1 it brings me to #2. If I hit done it gos back to #1 and the cycle repeats

• Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. I recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Michelle U
    Michelle U Member

Thank you for the instructions. Still won't work. I guess I am not paying for the car now! If Quicken can't do it than nobody can. Or I'll try again after the next release updates. Your help is appreciated

• Thank you for your reply,

I would not recommend skipping car payments due to difficulties setting up the manual account/reminder in Quicken. If you wish to continue troubleshooting the issue, depending on how recently the problem started, restoring a backup from before the issue started to see if the problem persists in the restored file would be the next step.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Michelle U
    Michelle U Member

Kidding about skipping payments. I tried again and can't set up the account. Recommending I restore from a backup isn't a viable solution. I have no idea when this became a problem as I ahve not needed to set up a loan since June 2022. Restoring back that far to set up a loan - won't I lose all the other transactions in the 9 month period? There has to be another way to fix this.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply,

Since a backup wouldn't be a viable option, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Michelle U
    Michelle U Member

It worked! Thank you!

• Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.