How to get all transactions for one category for one year?

Options
Janet46
Janet46 Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)
For many years I have been able to quickly and easily put all transactions for house basis into a report for the previous year, Now all I can seem to do (after close to 2 hours trying) is to get $expended by day, month, qtr, year. No other detail. This is not helpful. Does anyone know the new magic word? Thanks,
Janet 46

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Janet46,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What information do you need in the report? From what you're describing, it sounds like Reports>Banking>Transaction may work. You could then customize it to show only the category you want and set the date range to last year.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Janet46,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What information do you need in the report? From what you're describing, it sounds like Reports>Banking>Transaction may work. You could then customize it to show only the category you want and set the date range to last year.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What constitutes "all transactions for house basis"? Are these transactions in credit card and checking accounts with something in common (memo or tag, maybe)? Are the transactions currently reflected (in existence) in a "House" asset account? Should they be?

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Assuming that you have an Asset Account where you've been recording activity associated with the house's basis, then you should be able to go to that Account, click the gearwheel in the upper right hand corner, then click "More reports" the "Register Report" and that should give the every entry you've ever made in that Account for any period of time you select.

• Janet46
    Janet46 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Kristina and All,
    Thank you very much for good suggestions. Your advice worked Kristina. Seemed a bit more complicated than previous years, but all that counts is that it produced what I needed - thank you,
    Janet 46
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're looking for a report which shows Transaction Detail, grouped by Category, please try the Itemized Categories Report. Here's an example:

When you first display the report, it'll only show summaries by Category (the lines in bold print).
    Click the "Update to Show" button and select "Transaction Detail". The report will now expand to show detailed information for all transactions in each category. In the example above I'm only showing detail for the Auto:Fuel category.

Hope that helps make things easier for you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear you were able to generate a report with the information you need.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.