American Funds 401k transaction downloads

The ability to download transactions disappeared last year. There are several posts discussing the problem over the last 6 months or so. Did this ever get resolved by American Funds or Quicken?

Answers

• Hello @mferrel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To better assist, I'd need more details about what issue you are running into. Are you not finding the financial institution in the list when trying to add or relink an account? Are you finding the financial institution, but unable to connect? If so, what error messages and/or error codes are you receiving?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@mferrel - There are 2 different American Funds financial institutions in the FIDIR.txt file (the Financial Institutions Directory list).

One is for Capital Group-American Funds which, if I remember correctly, is for American Funds mutual funds IRA and brokerage accounts. It is my understanding that this is functioning properly for downloads via Direct Connect.

The other is for American Funds Retirement Plan which is for 401K programs. Here is the FIDIR listing for it:

07594 07594 07594 American Funds Retirement Plan https://myretirement.retire.americanfunds.com 800-204-3731 https://myretirement.retire.americanfunds.com ACTIVE 401K&WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

If this is the financial institution you are trying to download from it should be possible but only for Web Connect downloads (manual downloads from the online account in QFX format). This financial institution does not support downloads into Quicken via Direct Connect from within Quicken.

Which one are you trying to download from?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.