How to reconcile credit card statement - lost cc, got a new #, ever since can't balance

Teakle65
Teakle65 Member ✭✭

It lost my CC and was issued a new CC. The old CC account in Quicken had to be reset to my new CC account. Ever since this happened, I can not balance, when all figures point to being in balance with the statement. Please help! SOS!

Tagged:

Answers

• Teakle65
    Teakle65 Member ✭✭
    I do not know how to balance my cc statement in Quicken ever since my card was lost and I was then issued a new card with a new number. The old Quicken CC account was rolled into the new CC account, so I was then able to sync from my bank to the new Quicken CC account - but I'm unable to reconcile. I even tried going back and reconciling the very first CC statement, same problem however, just a different number of 'out of balance'. Please help!
  • Hello @Teakle65,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Which financial institution is this account with? When you connected the replacement card in Quicken, did you add it as a new account, or is it downloading into the existing account? When you reconcile, are you reconciling using the statement from the financial institution, or are you using the online balance? You mentioned that its out of balance; have you looked for the cause? For instance, are you missing transactions? Do you have duplicate transactions? Do all the transactions match up with your statement but the balance is off?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.